LD Semyon Chistyakov - Avangard Omsk, KHL (2019, 117th, NSH)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Doesnt want AHL
I get it, but three seems like a long time. At the same time with Ekholm gone there was a spot available on the left side in Nashville, with Barrie being a righty.

Josi - Fabbro
McDonagh - Barrie
Lauzon - Carrier
Chistyakov - Foote

Oh well

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I get it, but three seems like a long time. At the same time with Ekholm gone there was a spot available on the left side in Nashville, with Barrie being a righty.

Josi - Fabbro
McDonagh - Barrie
Lauzon - Carrier
Chistyakov - Foote

Oh well
He is not NHl level and is a big question if he can reach that level

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Bad decision to sign that long… Nashville has openings now he might have been able to go straight to the NHL next season… bit of a long shot on that but not entirely out of the question. After 3 yrs the Preds will have looked for and found other options.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Does this mean Wilsby and/or DelGaizo are NHL-ready or will Nashville look elsewhere?
Projected Preds D next season is:
Josi - Fabbro
McDonagh - Barrie
Lauzon - Carrier
Foote

... so... it's not too likely that ANYBODY is promoted. And indeed, it was Spencer Stastney promoted from Milwaukee and Jake Livingstone after signing who played down the stretch instead of Del Gaizo or Wilsby.

And Stastney looked very good. I think we all assumed from stats-watching that Del Gaizo was at the front of the line in Milwaukee, but the Preds seemed to project that Stastney's skating might make him a better option than Del Gaizo, and after seeing how well Stastney played in the NHL for 8 games, it's hard to argue. But it's probably most likely they all start in Milwaukee again next season.

I would have expected Chistyakov to be on the same level as all these guys next season, possibly any of them could push for Foote's spot, probably many of them would get looks when there are injuries, or if Barrie gets traded at the next Deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad