LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
You sure? NHL Entry Draft - 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Post#875

Also your post history shows you can’t be objective when it comes to anything Habs related.

Game, set and match.

Personally I’ve noticed all our young D getting beat wide in a similar fashion early on, maybe except Guhle.

With all our young D we should lay out some more cash out and get additional help to train them. Have 3-4 more D-coaches, work a proper D philosophy and help each kid with a proper individualized curriculum.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
A simple
200w.gif

Would have sufficed , sometimes you need to take the L and carry on

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
You can come to whatever conclusions you want. I know what I am, sure as hell more than you.

This is a Lane Hutson thread, not a thread about the Ottawa 67’s, and not a thread about ME. He was terrible in his own end as expected. He has a lot of growth in that regard. The -1 is a testament of that.

Stop trying to derail the thread because your frail ego can’t handle criticism of a hockey player that has no clue who you are.
Look at the dude using +/- for 20 mins of NHL play to justify a kids dzone capabilities. Posts like this are what makes this place tough to read.

There were issues in the dzone but to me it mostly looked systematic, he was chasing guys up to the blue line and was playing borderline positionless hockey. Most of what I saw will be easily correctible.

Take a chill pill buddy

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Look at the dude using +/- for 20 mins of NHL play to justify a kids dzone capabilities. Posts like this are what makes this place tough to read.

There were issues in the dzone but to me it mostly looked systematic, he was chasing guys up to the blue line and was playing borderline positionless hockey. Most of what I saw will be easily correctible.

Take a chill pill buddy
Including a - where he generated a grade A scoring chance and had no support from one of the worst players in the league lol

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think it's ok to be cautious about him but it's pretty apparent even if you like him or not that Hutson offensive IQ is elite, now he will have to get bigger/stronger and improve his defensive game but it is very refreshing to see a player like him with high confidence and abilities to take charge offensively.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Most controversial Habs top prospect since Subban...hoping he can come close to his impact. Getting flash backs to his first couple games in NHL being heavily analysed to whether he can be effective. Don't think Hutson will be as good but we'll see.

JT3

May 27, 2013
The only point where I thought he really messed up was Compher's first goal where Hutson got lost way up near the point. The sequence with Larkin circling the zone, Hutson was doing fine keeping him to the outside until Gallagher pretty much threw a pick on his own teammate (Hutson) and allowed Larkin to get away. I didn't feel like he put himself in many positions to be pushed around or anything like that.

Obviously there will be some risk to come with his reward and there will certainly be times where he will get pushed around, but I'm confident he's got a big enough hockey brain that he will find a way to be competent enough defensively to succeed.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Why was he the highest minute dman on Team USA's gold winning team at the WJHC? Far more minutes than the defensive liability known as Seamus Casey. ;)
Because it's a junior tournament. Hutson is not a good defensive player. This is only controversial for Habs homers who are super insecure about their prospects.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Because it's a junior tournament. Hutson is not a good defensive player. This is only controversial for Habs homers who are super insecure about their prospects.
Yeah, its a tournament that is best on best for junior aged players. The best indicator of a junior players capabilities. He was the most relied upon junior player on a gold medal winning team. If he was poor defensively, that would not have happened.

Defense was not an issue and has not been an issue in college hockey. He will require an adjustment to the NHL for sure. As would all D+2 dmen.

Reactions: viceroy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah, its a tournament that is best on best for junior aged players. The best indicator of a junior players capabilities. He was the most relied upon junior player on a gold medal winning team. If he was poor defensively, that would not have happened.

Defense was not an issue and has not been an issue in college hockey. He will require an adjustment to the NHL for sure. As would all D+2 dmen.
Well he was very poor defensively in that tournament, especially in the first half. He was legitimately awful the first 2-3 games.

But being a blind homer, you probably didn't see that.

• Haha
Reactions: bud12

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Well he was very poor defensively in that tournament, especially in the first half. He was legitimately awful the first 2-3 games.

But being a blind homer, you probably didn't see that.
Except he wasn't. Just a NJD fan trying to justify not selecting him over Seamus Casey! LOL

Lane Hutson also led Team USA by playing an average of 23:58 per game, which was nearly 3:00 more than the next closest American. Hutson totaled over 167 minutes of TOI in the tournament, nearly 20 minutes more than his next closest teammate.

Last edited:

BMacLeafs

Feb 20, 2022
I watched some clips on YouTube to get a look...it's amazing how the weak university league is where hutson can skate thru 5 players and put the puck on net. if he tries that in the NHL, he'll get a forearm 2 the face.

• Haha
Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad