LD Caden Price - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2023, 84th, SEA)

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Pricer continued trying to make more offensive play and lead the rush, but this kind of trying led to opponents' goals tonight. Hope he can refine it.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Seems really content at just clearing the puck out of the zone or just making an outlet pass. Doesn't seem to be dynamic offensively at this level. Hands are meh. There will always be a market for his type of defenseman but IMO not in the first round.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Now that I've had a few viewings of him, this kid is going to be good. Fantastic passer, he always gets the puck to the right guy on breakouts. If he doesn't see the right pass, he can lead the rush just as easily. Very high IQ.

Super calm with the puck. Doesn't use his physicality as much but uses smarts in the defensive end.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
A tape to tape, 3 line pass to Szturc:

He actually had another pass that wasn't converted. I'm going to increase my viewings of him. He would be a steal in the 2nd/3rd rounds. He has such a calm, steady game.

Also absolutely leveled a kid at the end too.

Pass to Cristall but Cristall was tripped down.
His best game for a while. If Kelowna is a better team, or the coach could take better strategy, everyone will talk about him. But I think he still need to work on PP with his teammates, he didn't show too many offensive skills on the pp.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Pass to Cristall but Cristall was tripped down.
His best game for a while. If Kelowna is a better team, or the coach could take better strategy, everyone will talk about him. But I think he still need to work on PP with his teammates, he didn't show too many offensive skills on the pp.

Maybe he can run a PP, but for me that's not important now. He seems to me to be a solid 3rd/4th NHL defenseman. With modern hockey only needing only 1 D on PP, he probably doesn't have the elite offensive skill needed to do that, but at the same time I don't need that always.

I'd be interested in his ice time usage, he seems to be out there half the game.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Maybe he can run a PP, but for me that's not important now. He seems to me to be a solid 3rd/4th NHL defenseman. With modern hockey only needing only 1 D on PP, he probably doesn't have the elite offensive skill needed to do that, but at the same time I don't need that always.

I'd be interested in his ice time usage, he seems to be out there half the game.
Kelowna's ice Tim usage is weird this season.
They either severely overuse their top players until they can't move their feet or even get hurt. Or don't give them the right chance at all, let the top guys work in the Dzone and then put on the bottom line to start in the ozone.
Pricer played less PK than Rockets' top pair, he got more PP/ES time.

Reactions: Bubbles

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Oh he has a lot of untapped offensive potential. Was more of a OFD in bantam and more so midget but has been focusing on rounding out his game. With his size, skating, IQ combo he'll be a good one. Doesn't hurt being in the defense factory Kelowna either even if they're a weaker team

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
3rd round for this player makes no sense to me.

Don't get it. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but first rounder all year for me.

Can someone that doesn't like this player explain why? I'd love to hear it so I could understand better.

I think this guy has all the tools. Maybe he's not an ace at anything, but he has the modern game for a defenseman teams look for in a top 4 NHL defenseman.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad