LD Alexei Bereglazov - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2012 undrafted; UFA signed by NYR, released)

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
I have seen this kid in World Juniors and he seems to have an immense amount of talent and tools to be really successful. He's a good skater for someone his size.

Is it his commitment to coming over that makes him fall so far in the draft?

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Ive seen him about 8 x this year. He is very slick offensively, solid defensively. Excellent prospect.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He had a whale of a playoffs this year.

This goal was game tying late in the 3rd.

And wasn't good enough to make the russian WC defence. That is quite telling. No, he wasn't that good in the KHL, where I have a chance to watch him in person often. Yes, he is a big guy, but he lacks that special talent.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He will not be a star, but is becoming a pretty solid depth defenseman for Russia.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Have you watched many games?
Just wondering about his mobility and physicality if you know, thanks.

No issues with physicality that's for sure, also I think mobility is fine + got a pretty hard shot. I've been pretty high on him for something like 5 years now, he was one of those cases of the Russian Factor getting ugly at the draft day.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He has a no AHL clause with the Rangers it seems. I actually doubt he can be a NHL defenceman right away.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wouldn't regard anything Herman says.

Bereglazov had a pretty bad Traverse City tournament, and a lot of fans are freaking out about it. This tournament means absolutely nothing, so it doesn't matter, but he does need to play better in preseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad