LD Alexander Nikishin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2020, 69th, CAR)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Nikulin was nowhere near as good as Nikishin at the same age. You understand this.

Same age no, but it is not as one sided as you think, Nikulin was a top RSL player at 24 in 2006, he played at WC, and was the best D-man on that team, and he was the best defenseman in the league and possibly outside of NHL when he was like 27-30. Would have been a nice TOP 4 defenseman in NHL but stayed because of money.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Same age no, but it is not as one sided as you think, Nikulin was a top RSL player at 24 in 2006, he played at WC, and was the best D-man on that team, and he was the best defenseman in the league and possibly outside of NHL when he was like 27-30. Would have been a nice TOP 4 defenseman in NHL but stayed because of money.
Cool, so you admittedly compared Nikihsin to a player that was nowhere near as good as him based on weak superficial similarities, thank you for exposing yourself.

Reactions: cg98 and BMann

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Cool, so you admittedly compared Nikihsin to a player that was nowhere near as good as him based on weak superficial similarities, thank you for exposing yourself.
That Nikulin was nowhere near as good as Nikishin now is just a lie. In 2009 Nikulin was the best defenseman outside NHL. Similarities are obvious, they are even somewhat similar players, big, rather physical, play good defense when assigned to this role, can score a lot of points if they have the freedom to do it.
Now, why I brought Nikulin? Well, Nikishin had a great season last year, but he stayed in KHL and he has a contract until 2025. So this season, and next one. So the question is, wouldn't he overripe in KHL, because judging by his current play he should be in NHL this season, but he will stay in KHL for 2 more seasons instead. Usually, when a player is too good for his level of competition he should make a jump, otherwise, he might stagnate and even decline.

It can happen, it almost happened to Kuznetsov back in the day. It happened with Tryamkin, who was a better player in 2017 than he is now. It happened to Gusev.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Reaching back 20 years to describe a Defenseman clearly in his prime not signing with one of the worst teams at the same time the KHL was poaching Jaromir freaking Jagr. Just lol. Just say "I don't like Nikishin and want him to fail, so here's a reach as to why it might still happen" and drop the concerned tone

Reactions: Guadana

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Reaching back 20 years to describe a Defenseman clearly in his prime not signing with one of the worst teams at the same time the KHL was poaching Jaromir freaking Jagr. Just lol. Just say "I don't like Nikishin and want him to fail, so here's a reach as to why it might still happen" and drop the concerned tone
As usual, you are not adressing any points. I mean, I complimented him(Nikishin) and said that basically the only question now is that he can overripe in KHL. Like Nikulin did back in the day. Want more recent example? Shipachyov. Gusev.
Yet, I am a bad mean guy who hates Nikishin. For saying that he is probably too good for KHL.

I wouldn’t even engage with Garl. At this point he is nothing more than xenophobic.
So, Nikishin staying in KHL until 2025 is great news?

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
As usual, you are not adressing any points. I mean, I complimented him(Nikishin) and said that basically the only question now is that he can overripe in KHL. Like Nikulin did back in the day. Want more recent example? Shipachyov. Gusev.
Yet, I am a bad mean guy who hates Nikishin. For saying that he is probably too good for KHL.

Nikishin staying in the KHL until 2025 means nothing. I am pretty positive Carolina has an agreement in place if they haven’t traded him yet. They also brought SKA’s skill coach over, which I doubt they did for no reason.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Nikishin staying in the KHL until 2025 means nothing. I am pretty positive Carolina has an agreement in place if they haven’t traded him yet. They also brought SKA’s skill coach over, which I doubt they did for no reason.
So, you think he will go to Nhl in 2024?

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
So, you think he will go to Nhl in 2024?
100%, I believe they would trade him if he didn’t. They must have really high hopes to bring him over, or they already made an agreement behind doors.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Nikulin didn't overripe in the KHL, nor is he comparable to Nikishin:

Nikulin:
1. was nowhere close to Nikishin's level at 22 years old.
2. becaume arguably the best defenseman outside the NHL at/around 27 years old.
3. had a normal decline starting around age 32.

I mean at Nikishin's age, Nikulin was like the #6 defenceman on Dynamo.

Last edited:

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
It seems to me that after the Fedotov case everything is possible now. I wouldn’t be surprised if players with valid KHL contracts start to move to the NHL. Nikishin and Michkov might try to do it

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00