Laval Rocket: Laval Rocket @ Toronto Marlies Feb 10, 4pm ET (TSN2 & NHLN)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He still makes dumb mistake but what i like the most about him is that he is a gamer just like Arber was.

It is a game of mistakes so I expect Mailloux to make an occasional dumb play. You are right he is a gamer.
Like Marty would say...there are guys who play hockey and there are hockey players...both Mailloux and Xhekaj are hockey players.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
It is a game of mistakes so I expect Mailloux to make an occasional dumb play. You are right he is a gamer.
Like Marty would say...there are guys who play hockey and there are hockey players...both Mailloux and Xhekaj are hockey players.

Guy's like Mailloux and Xhekaj you have to live with the goods and the bad usualy there is more good than bad, they are the kind of guy's that bring energy to your team, but you need to let them play to their forces

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah I saw Mailloux’s gamer side in the playoffs last year. Sticking up for teammates. Turning it up a notch when the game was on the line.

At this point, I think he’s a fair bet to be a real difference maker for us. It’s not like his production was poor last year by any means but I couldn’t help but think his eye test exceeded his production.

Even still, I wasn’t quite expecting this kind of production and play from him in his rookie year. I thought he’d struggle more for sure.

Him shattering expectations like this is a great sign

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah I saw Mailloux’s gamer side in the playoffs last year. Sticking up for teammates. Turning it up a notch when the game was on the line.

At this point, I think he’s a fair bet to be a real difference maker for us. It’s not like his production was poor last year by any means but I couldn’t help but think his eye test exceeded his production.

Even still, I wasn’t quite expecting this kind of production and play from him in his rookie year. I thought he’d struggle more for sure.

Him shattering expectations like this is a great sign
He could become a dominant player. Hard to believe how good he has been in his 1st pro season.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
it sucks to admit but Bergy's prospects are doing well. Roy, Logan, Arbs, Cole etc

I think they've definitely been aided by the development system that has been put in place. It would have been nice if Bergevin believed in a development system rather than development is up to the player.

But, they had decent drafts between 2018 and 2021. It definitely helped that Bergevin recognized the need for more draft picks between those years. We had 30 picks over those 4 drafts.

Reactions: Fenris and Habs

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
One positive thing about Bergs was that he did left us with many draft picks. Some GM's see the writing on the wall and trade draft picks in a futile attempt to win now and save their jobs.

Not saying he did it willingly but almost everything he did after losing that Cup final was horrendous for the Habs. Losing Danault over 500k, not seeing the upcoming rift with KK, using a 1st AND a 2nd to get Dvorak, signing Hoffman with term, etc At least he tought about protecting our 2022 1st round pick...

I agree with @MarkovsKnee I think it's the player dev that was non-existant under Berg more then anything else. For a good 10 years developement was "if your rookie makes a mistake sit him on the bench for the rest of the game".

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
One positive thing about Bergs was that he did left us with many draft picks. Some GM's see the writing on the wall and trade draft picks in a futile attempt to win now and save their jobs.
Yeah despite the awful contract management at the end, he left us:

Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Xhekaj, Mailloux, Romanov(turned into Dach), Struble and Roy.
Possibly a few others but for now those are the ones that stick out. A lot of big pieces there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad