Post-Game Talk: Laval Lose 2nd Straight Game 5-2 to Rochester. Singing the 1st Line Blues. - Post #349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That German kid is actually pretty decent. I doubt he ever plays for the Habs but he is excellent at the AHL level.

I think it's important to have good AHL players on your farm team. Having players that can help your affiliate win is a positive thing for those players you have there for your NHL franchise (the Scherbaks, Lernouts, Juulsens, and McCarrons as an example).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Juulsen close to playing yet?

On September 21st it was reported that he would be out 6 weeks. So if you go by that, he's been out 4 weeks right now so he's maybe 2 weeks away.

I recall one of the reporters following the Rocket that they saw Juulsen no longer wearing the boot so there is progress. I can't wait to see him. I feel like his transition to the AHL game will be as seamless as Mete's game to the NHL level has been.

I'm looking to Juulsen forcing Habs to trade Petry soon. Either this year (he has a full NMC) or next year (it becomes a Modified-NTC where he submits a 15-team list he doesn't want to be traded to).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DMri9xsW0AEsZUT.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So Boucher is in but Veilleux is scratched. I'm guessing he will play tomorrow.

Terry - McCarron - Scherbak
Carr - Froese - Baun
Deslauriers - Audette - Waked
Broll - Petti - Boucher​

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah I am tuning in. Expecting Jerabek to continue his solid play. Hopefully Scherbak continues performing at a high level. His skill level is through the roof.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
In this league, it's played at 100 kilometers per hour. You'll pay cash every lost of concentration

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Same D-Corps as yesterday:

Taormina - Jerabek
Gélinas - Lernout
Parisi - Leblanc
Bourque sits out again. I think when Juulsen returns, Bourque will be sent to Brampton. And I would agree with that move. But as long as Noah is on IR, then I think Bourque will be here as an extra who may get inserted in certain games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He can't be worse than benn that's for sure.

I believe Juulsen can even push Petry out of his spot. That's how much I believe he can slot into the Habs line-up. I'd rather he spend the year in the AHL rather than rush him to the NHL. I know some might argue Habs are doing that with Mete. But with the 19 year old, it's either NHL or Juniors (where he'll go to London and be in the worst team there). With Juulsen, you don't have to worry about him heading back to Junior. He's in the pros to stay.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I believe Juulsen can even push Petry out of his spot. That's how much I believe he can slot into the Habs line-up. I'd rather he spend the year in the AHL rather than rush him to the NHL. I know some might argue Habs are doing that with Mete. But with the 19 year old, it's either NHL or Juniors (where he'll go to London and be in the worst team there). With Juulsen, you don't have to worry about him heading back to Junior. He's in the pros to stay.

I agree but i would try to give some games to Juulsen at the end of the season. Like 10 games or so. Can be good for him to know what he must work on next summer.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

There are more players on the ice than there are in the stands.

The 91.9 Sports broadcaster tweeted earlier that he spoke with the Sound Tigers' broadcasters and they said that even if this is Bridgeport's home opener, they don't expect a big turnout.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
There are more players on the ice than there are in the stands.

The 91.9 Sports broadcaster tweeted earlier that he spoke with the Sound Tigers' broadcasters and they said that even if this is Bridgeport's home opener, they don't expect a big turnout.
Yeah seems pretty empty...

DMsbs6AWAAEYlZR.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bridgeport in 4 games is 1-3-0-0.

And Toronto Marlies beat Charlotte 4-0 this afternoon. They are 5-1-0-0 in 6 games. Hopefully Laval wins tonight so they can stay up there with a 4-1-1-0 record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad