Speculation: Lauri Korpikoski

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Never understood why we did that deal. I know Gordon had a brutal year too, but he was an excellent face-off and PK guy, and had an expiring contract. So we deal him for Korpi (who has an extra year) all in order to sign Letestu (who is also garbage and we're stuck with for 2 more years).

Korpi's good enough to make a roster, but shouldn't play every day.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Never understood why we did that deal. I know Gordon had a brutal year too, but he was an excellent face-off and PK guy, and had an expiring contract. So we deal him for Korpi (who has an extra year) all in order to sign Letestu (who is also garbage and we're stuck with for 2 more years).

Korpi's good enough to make a roster, but shouldn't play every day.

I still think it was a quiet trade request by Gordon and the oilers did it as a favour. Expected more from korpse most likely, but did Gordon a solid.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Korpi had 2.5mil contract for 10+10 point production. Way too damn high.

He is a good player in 800k range. Maybe even 1.0, if he is great in the locker room. Someone will sign him for 800k when the prospect camps finish.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing Korpikoski in a Wild sweater at league minimum, even though I'm not really a fan of him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I wouldn't mind seeing Korpikoski in a Wild sweater at league minimum, even though I'm not really a fan of him.

Is this Wild possible 4th line?

Code:
Schroeder - Graovac - Stewart

Who are behind that? Couldn't Korpikoski be good debt 13 forward?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Is this Wild possible 4th line?

Code:
Schroeder - Graovac - Stewart

Who are behind that? Couldn't Korpikoski be good debt 13 forward?

Dalpe and Gabriel. Not too excited about either of those potentially playing for the big club this season. We also signed Ryan Carter to a PTO, who was pretty decent last season.

I wouldn't mind Carter/Korpikoski-Graovac-Stewart. I don't really think Schroeder brings much to the table so I would be more than fine sending him to Iowa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad