Votes: 11 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 96 78.0%
  • Undecided, I have to see more

Votes: 16 13.0%

• Total voters

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Wish nothing bad on the player, hope he makes a career out of it. To me hes not a NHL goaltender. Maybe he could be with some more time and some more refinement in his game.

He just doesnt react well to shots. Flubs up easy shots. Doesnt track pucks well. Cant handle the puck.

He can overcome some of this because he is athletic. Scares the crap out of me, watching him though.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
He's made some good saves he's not a complete sieve and shown some good athleticism, but you can totally see his one bad goal a game just gives teams a lift. When we have a 5 goal lead with Talbot I feel nice and safe, when we have a 5 goal lead and Brossoit is in net and one bad one goes in, I'm just like please don't blow this for us.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
He makes some good saves, but he lets in ECHL style street hockey goals every game.

Can't believe Chia has not got a back up yet. No excuses.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
He makes some good saves, but he lets in ECHL style street hockey goals every game.

Can't believe Chia has not got a back up yet. No excuses.

Other than the obvious I'm glad Croissant didn't get lit up again.

Now Chia can trade for a competent backup without getting taken to the cleaners.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
He let in that short side goal tonight that went top corner when he was peeking around a screen, If seen that type of goal go in on many goaltenders.
I urge you guys to watch the condensed games on the Oilers site from the last 6 games, he made numerous good saves. If you do that and can still say that he's a shitty 'BACK UP' then fine.

Reactions: guymez

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Those condensed game highlights on YT are awesome. Love watching those. He has made many good saves. Can't deny that, but he instills no confidence.

Maybe he also gets the team to open up more lol. They know they need to score a lot.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I realize a player like Bob has earned the benefit of the doubt (minus playoffs) but just check out that Benning goal for example. It's waaaay worse than the Johnson goal. Every goalie lets in goals like that. He's still fairly young for a goaltender and has all the tools, he just needs to put it together. Similar to Dubnyk. He just needs more experience and some confidence.

Also our team D is much better, which is usually a strong benefit or negative (bad D) for goalies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Supermassive

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Slowly coming around. Sounds like he’ll get another three games before Cam is ready to comeback.

Just give us a chance to win LB, that’s all I ask.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
It is possible, just possible, that having LB in has made the team play much better. Their game (in the last 3 at least) starts with team defense and the transition to offense is so much stronger for it. They can't cheat on D because the backup's in, and this (paradoxically) might make them a better team in certain respects. If they can continue this commitment to team D when Talbs comes back, look out.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
1 thing I'll give him credit for is he doesn't seem to be letting bad goals get to him, unlike in the Calgary game where he was clearly rattled after the Bennett goal. He stayed on the top of his crease and didn't go full statue when he was in the butterfly.

I'm still not sold on him, but he's earning some faith back.

Reactions: Aerchon

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Idk how I feel about the croissant nickname.
Croissants are yummy.
I get the technicalities like buttery, soft and flakey... but they make a nice mix together.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Idk how I feel about the croissant nickname.
Croissants are yummy.
I get the technicalities like buttery, soft and flakey... but they make a nice mix together.

Same about croissants, yummy and doesn't rhyme. My nickname for him has been Leaky Brossoit. Leaky for short or Laurent "leaky" Brossoit for a Ken Dryden novel. Will happily eat crow someday.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Oilers aren't going to score 6/7 every night. That second goal he allowed last night gave me flashbacks of the Calgary game. CBJ picked it up significantly after that one and nearly scored again. He simply can't allow goals off the side boards.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Some of you people act like 16 year old girls who's periods are late when it comes to patience with our players. Your answer seems to be get rid of them asap the complain when they go into perform elsewhere.

I think the team has done a huge disservice to the player by not playing him enough prior to this to allow his game to fully develop. I don’t want to get rid of him but to have our season rest on him right now is not fair to the player or the rest of the team.

That all said I am impressed mental toughness and compete level.

He just needs to be steady, not great. The blooper goal per game has simply got to stop though. You cannot gift a team those goals in the NHL on a per game basis like he does.

Edit - btw when my girl was 16 she was a hell of a lot tougher and less of a whiner than her 3 older brothers were so your analogy doesn’t work for me ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad