giphy.gif

Wet Hot American Summer
This is the right answer.

Also throwing Christopher guest and co some love with Best in Show

Reactions: Senscore

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Some notable ones I haven't seen mentioned, not necessarily my top ones, but mostly good movies none the less.

Shaolin Soccer, Kung fu hustle, idiocracy, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, the Hangover, Elf, Borat, 40 yr old virgin.
Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle are great. Especially Shaolin Soccer. I love how the opposing goalie gets his clothes vaporized by the final kamehameha kick.

Speaking of Christopher Guest, A Mighty Wind was great, same with Best In Show. Not sure when they were released.

Animated comedy count? Shrek was pretty good
Anything with John Lithgow is certified fresh.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Ach, wished we stayed in the 90s. Sandler would have owned the list.

The Big Lebowski
Mouse Hunt
Office Space
Bottle Rocket
Liar Liar

2000's aren't as fun
We can do the 90's comedies next one and then have a vote-off. We've got to figure out the top 5 2000's and the top 5 90's comedies. Maybe we get everyone to name their top 5 from the 90's and 00's, and the ones that show up the most, we put to a vote?

Also, @Adele Dazeem having a list of comedies from the 90's that does not have What about Bob, Hot Shots 1 or Part Deux, or Kingpin is just criminal. But typical of a dude with a chin strap.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Some notable ones I haven't seen mentioned, not necessarily my top ones, but mostly good movies none the less.

Shaolin Soccer, Kung fu hustle, idiocracy, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, the Hangover, Elf, Borat, 40 yr old virgin.
Hey, a mod has me on ignore! Party time!

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
We can do the 90's comedies next one and then have a vote-off. We've got to figure out the top 5 2000's and the top 5 90's comedies. Maybe we get everyone to name their top 5 from the 90's and 00's, and the ones that show up the most, we put to a vote?

Also, @Adele Dazeem having a list of comedies from the 90's that does not have What about Bob, Hot Shots 1 or Part Deux, or Kingpin is just criminal. But typical of a dude with a chin strap.
The 90s are going to have to get split into two, that decade had way too many comedy classics.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Early 90's vs late 90's. Your age is creeping up 2chainz

The 90s are going to have to get split into two, that decade had way too many comedy classics.

Bingo

Classic case of sequelitis. First one was great.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
All of these movies are great but you can make a cogent argument that The Big Lebowski is the greatest piece of cinema ever created by the human species.

Like I love Grandma's Boy and Me, Myself and Irene but not on the same level as The Dude.

Was waiting for this one. There is no equal.

HM. Little Nicky and How High.

That's My Boy is also an underrated Sandler gem imo. "Word to your mother, Brotherf***er!"

LMAO when his suitcases are hefty bags. Amazing movie.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
All of these movies are great but you can make a cogent argument that The Big Lebowski is the greatest piece of cinema ever created by the human species.

Like I love Grandma's Boy and Me, Myself and Irene but not on the same level as The Dude.

LMAO when his suitcases are hefty bags. Amazing movie.
They feel like different genres in a way. Something like The Big Lebowski is more of a movie masterpiece, whereas something like Grandma's Boy is stoner comedy gold. Incomparable really.

Love that scene. They play off each other so well, and Vanilla Ice being included was such a nostalgia trip. Only in a Sandler movie is the twist that the brother and sister are getting it on lol.

In the spirit of Christmas, this is an excellent politically incorrect comedy...

MV5BMjA4Njg1MDcwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzAxNjM3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad