Latvian National Team Discussion(Mens,u-20,u-18)

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Am I the only one excited about Freibergs joining the team? I kinda hope that he will be that offensive D we all have been craving for last couple of years.

Don`t want to take away from your excitment,but what makes you think that Freibergs will be that " offensive D" for Latvian NT?

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So it looks like our first line in WC is already clear - Darzins-Sprukts-Indrasis (very good line) and the second one Meija-Stals/Berzins-Cipulis NOW this is what i dont get- these guys are pure CHECKERS how can you make a 2nd line with such lousy players?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Basically what Nolan wants to do is put all eggs in one basket,but wouldnt it be better to make two mediocre lines than one good one?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I really hope Roberts Lipsbergs makes it,at least he knows how to put puck in the back of the unlike some lousy Stals is a 4th liner at best.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
So it looks like our first line in WC is already clear - Darzins-Sprukts-Indrasis (very good line) and the second one Meija-Stals/Berzins-Cipulis NOW this is what i dont get- these guys are pure CHECKERS how can you make a 2nd line with such lousy players?

Basically what Nolan wants to do is put all eggs in one basket,but wouldnt it be better to make two mediocre lines than one good one?

I prefer it this way, with one solid line. In this way, we'll at least have some good scoring chances. And if the remaining lines can at least play some damn defense or whatever they are best capable of, we might try to notch a W. At least not get relegated.

And obviously if this doesn't work out the first 2-3 games, Nolan will definitely move the players around anyways.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
After the results of our u -18 is showing and now our Mens teams,there is absolute hopelesness,like we have forgotten how to score goals... i`m still hoping for the best,but i couldn`t say i would be suprised if this is the year we fall out of the elite.
I`m not saying it`s our guys fault,but realistically that is our place in hockey.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
After the results of our u -18 is showing and now our Mens teams,there is absolute hopelesness,like we have forgotten how to score goals... i`m still hoping for the best,but i couldn`t say i would be suprised if this is the year we fall out of the elite.
I`m not saying it`s our guys fault,but realistically that is our place in hockey.

With U18 maybe, I'm glad that we even made it that high in the first place.

With Mens team, I disagree, We do belong in the Elite. Common we are going to the Olympics. Now with our new players developing there is future for our NT, unless, of course, every year we'll miss practically all our best players, then maybe not. (but I don't believe that will happen)

Not to mention we still have to play the WC and we aren't relegated, not yet. And who the hell cares about these pregames anyways. :laugh: Maybe Belarus will lose today maybe they'll win again, in the end maybe they will be the ones being relegated from the elite. We don't know, not just yet.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

With Mens team, I disagree, We do belong in the Elite. Common we are going to the Olympics. Now with our new players developing there is future for our NT, unless, of course, every year we'll miss practically all our best players, then maybe not. (but I don't believe that will happen)

Not to mention we still have to play the WC and we aren't relegated, not yet. And who the hell cares about these pregames anyways. :laugh: Maybe Belarus will lose today maybe they'll win again, in the end maybe they will be the ones being relegated from the elite. We don't know, not just yet.

I couldnt give two ***** about losing in an exhib game.what i`m most worried about is NOT scoring goals atleast if you lose score atleast one or two ffs!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Thats is true,yes Girgensons.Blugers,Lipsbergs,Indrasis etc WILL improve our NT,but thats atleast 3-4 years away and i`m not sure Nolan will be behind the NT wheel by that time.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
Thats is true,yes Girgensons.Blugers,Lipsbergs,Indrasis etc WILL improve our NT,but thats atleast 3-4 years away and i`m not sure Nolan will be behind the NT wheel by that time.

That's actually one of my concerns about Nolan. He might get fired due to our team "underperforming" while at the same time it's not really his fault. I'd love to see what he can create with our NT when all our players are healthy and our new potential/ developing stars appear on our line- up as well, something like 2-3 years from now. But by that time he might be already fired. :shakehead

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Seems like guys play better with Gudļevskis in the net (try to work better in defense) cause he's less experienced, or maybe that's just a coincidence. In any case yeah Gudļevskis was good (though you can still see he's insecure in some situations) but it isn't like he had as much work as Jučers today too.

Didn't like Indrašis today but center is not his position so we'll see. First line plays as it should, clearly the best line on ice today (in both teams). Freibergs... I was sceptical at first but seems like he's playing very well, could be a good addition to the team. In any cases even the roster was better today than yesterday.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/latvijas_izlases/20042013-freibergs_nekas_nevar_but_labaks_par_sava

Vērtējot savas izredzes aizbraukt uz pasaules čempionātu, Freibergs atzina, ka nebēdāsies, ja viņam vieta izlases modelī tomēr neatradīsies: "Ja tā notiks, tad nekas, jo esmu par Latvijas izlasi un gribu, lai uzvaram. Pirmkārt, esmu priecīgs, ka esmu šeit un ka mani uzaicināja. Nekas nevar būt labāks par savas valsts pārstāvēšanu."

:handclap:

(Rough translation: Freibergs admited he won't be sad if he won't have a spot in the roster that will go to the WC:" If it will be so, I won't worry, because I'm for our Latvian team and I want them to win. Firstly, I'm happy that I'm here and that they invited me. There's nothing better than to represent your own country.")

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/latvijas_izlases/20042013-freibergs_nekas_nevar_but_labaks_par_sava

:handclap:

(Rough translation: Freibergs admited he won't be sad if he won't have a spot in the roster that will go to the WC:" If it will be so, I won't worry, because I'm for our Latvian team and I want them to win. Firstly, I'm happy that I'm here and that they invited me. There's nothing better than to represent your own country.")

Wish all our guys had the same attitude,really you could see in the game that Freibergs is heart and soul kind of guy who will fight for Latvia,theres no reason to deny him going to wc.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Seems like guys play better with Gudļevskis in the net (try to work better in defense) cause he's less experienced, or maybe that's just a coincidence. In any case yeah Gudļevskis was good (though you can still see he's insecure in some situations) but it isn't like he had as much work as Jučers today too.

Didn't like Indrašis today but center is not his position so we'll see. First line plays as it should, clearly the best line on ice today (in both teams). Freibergs... I was sceptical at first but seems like he's playing very well, could be a good addition to the team. In any cases even the roster was better today than yesterday.

I`m sure hell be fine,with all the constant changing of positions its understandable,hes a skilled player and im sure by the time wc rolls around he will be a big helper.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Lipmans talking about that we need a strong domestic league right before wc`s and that he has some plans already,interesting...

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Lipmans talking about that we need a strong domestic league right before wc`s and that he has some plans already,interesting...

Anyone takes his word seriously should have his head checked. He is the purest demagog I've ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad