GDT: Latvia vs Finland

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Vilen has not impressed me one bit this tournament. Perhaps i have to high expectations.
Nor has Heimosalmi been that great either, nor Lambert. Brad would need to have a better shot if his IQ is going to keep on being questionable.

Huuhtanen and Nyman, still in love.
I like O. Kapanens workrate.
If Lampinen is decent against Canada as well he's our clear starter, haven't seen Kokko though. I like Lampinens glow.

vs Swiss we were shit
vs Slovakia we were average
vs Latvia we are sucking again

ATM i just dont see a top 4 finish 🤷‍♂️😢
Well i do think the second period has been decent from the young leijonat.

Don't forget Latvia almost won against the Swiss team. They are well organized.
As long as Finland win this game because the US will be very, very hungry after their 6-3 defeat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Statsy

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Vilen has not impressed me one bit this tournament. Perhaps i have to high expectations.
Nor has Heimosalmi been that great either, nor Lambert. Brad would need to have a better shot if his IQ is going to keep on being questionable.

Huuhtanen and Nyman, still in love.
I like O. Kapanens workrate.
If Lampinen is decent against Canada as well he's our clear starter, haven't seen Kokko though. I like Lampinens glow.

Well i do think the second period has been decent from the young leijonat.

Don't forget Latvia were almost won against the Swiss team. They are well organized.
As long as Finland win this game because the US will be very, very hungry after their 6-3 defeat.
For me "decent" vs Latvia = they are playing badly

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
How freaking hard it is stay out of that goddamn penalty box.
3 absolutely boneheaded penalties for Finland in 2nd period thank god
our PK has been good today without that this game could be 2-2

Lampinen has been good in net so Finland seems to found their number 1 goalie.
Now lets score few goals more and get that 3 point win. Go Finland.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
For me "decent" vs Latvia = they are playing badly

Well, you are disrespecting Latvia a tiny bit. They have been good against the US (perhaps not the last period) and the Swiss.

As long as Kemell, Lambert and others step up their game against bigger countries.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, you are disrespecting Latvia a tiny bit. They have been good against the US (perhaps not the last period) and the Swiss.

As long as Kemell, Lambert and others step up their game against bigger countries.
Which country do you cheer for Svedu? Other than the Czechs as you've been a great supporter of ours!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean hopefully this strategy works for Finland against the big teams but they looked atrocious against Latvia and Switzerland.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I mean hopefully this strategy works for Finland against the big teams but they looked atrocious against Latvia and Switzerland.
It’s strange cause I thought this Finnish team looked quite good vs Canada in the pre-tournament game (yes even though it’s pre tourney).
But the defense really seems to be struggling to break the puck out

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Win the right games, that's all what matters. These group stage games doesn't tell you jack, just like the past 4 years have shown you.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Jimi Suomis takes a penalty in every game? Plays difficult in his own zone at times.
Don't feel like i trust him against tougher opponents.

Lampinen has been good. Quick glove.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Which country do you cheer for Svedu? Other than the Czechs as you've been a great supporter of ours!
Finland!

I like a lot of these czech talents, simple as that. Kulich is the second best forward after Bedard in this tournament so far.
Svozil the best D and Jiricek is not that much worse either.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Finland!

I like a lot of these czech talents, simple as that. Kulich is the second best forward after Bedard in this tournament so far.
Svozil the best D and Jiricek is not that much worse either.
That's what I though. your name in Czech means Swede so it was confusing.lol

Like to thank your leagues for bringing up some of our best players! Younger Svozil is now there too and doing very well. Same with Petr. You did a great job with Dostal and Skarek. Czechs loves the Liiga!

And Smejkal is a GEM!

Think you have Jecho too!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sorry Latvia.. Finn's are just really good at improving every game and rolling into Quarters and winning them. It's their 'thing' year after year after year.

hypereconomist

Mar 10, 2019
Good game by Latvia. They do not look like a team that was playing D1A last year.

It's still really surprising that neither Hodass or Fenekos were drafted

Reactions: slozo

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sorry Latvia.. Finn's are just really good at improving every game and rolling into Quarters and winning them. It's their 'thing' year after year after year.
It's just unfortunate that the Swiss - Finland game looked pretty much the same and yet the Swiss managed to come out of it with 2 points.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'm sure they're disappointed as they're winless but Latvia has strung together three impressive performances so far. If they do end up in the relegation games, they should paste the likely opponent in Austria to stay in the top division, which is deserved.

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
That's what I though. your name in Czech means Swede so it was confusing.lol

Like to thank your leagues for bringing up some of our best players! Younger Svozil is now there too and doing very well. Same with Petr. You did a great job with Dostal and Skarek. Czechs loves the Liiga!

And Smejkal is a GEM!

Think you have Jecho too!
Haha! In finnish too. Or ruotsalainen is the correct word for swede but you can say svedu as well.

Dostal with that future D?And now when Necas is blooming and a young center in Kulich coming up to help Pastrnak and others? Could be scary, Nagano 98 Hasek and Jagr scary 😬

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad