GDT: Latvia - Austria

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
We usually don't get GDT's for individual D1A games :sarcasm:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I can't tell which team is which, even the flags look the same... :sarcasm: But somewhat more seriously, our hockey (team?) is terrible. Everything looks disjointed, only the player with the puck seems to be trying, everyone else just floating somewhere without any urgency.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Shots in the last 20 against Norway 4-19, in the last 25 against Austria 4-19. Effective strategy, I guess?

Reactions: rylt

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Without Balcers this team could easily be relegated. On paper our players aren't as bas as they are performing, but here we are. We need to send Vitolins packing, there is zero improvement from OG's where we also looked terrible. We can't summon good players, but we need someone that can that puts them in some sort of system. Our offensive output is shocking.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Without Balcers this team could easily be relegated. On paper our players aren't as bas as they are performing, but here we are. We need to send Vitolins packing, there is zero improvement from OG's where we also looked terrible. We can't summon good players, but we need someone that can that puts them in some sort of system. Our offensive output is shocking.
It went under my radar why Hartley left Latvia ? Wasn't he under contract for this year as well ?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I can't wait for the future...

The two ES goals against were both to the left side, LD is completely out of position. LW is also nowhere in the picture. I don't need to tell you who that is, you already know...

Oh but he scored a 5v3 goal so it's all good. No, you give up 2 terrible goals and you score in an obvious scoring situation, doesn't make it worth it. Like I said before the game, I've seen this game before where these players get 20 minutes against Latvia and I know the outcome. They lose. Guess what happened...

Honestly, the worst part is that, his reward for being a stud of a shutdown defenseman is that Bernd Wolf got 15 minutes of ice time. Like, you can still play glass cannon at 5v3 if/when we get a 5v3, but this guy should never see the ice at ES on a half decent team, which we are not.

Nissner, Haudum, Kasper, Schneider, all great revelations at the tournament. Guys whose development I've followed for many years, it's great to see it all finally pay off. They're the bright lights in a tournament that began promisingly and ended with the same cast of characters performing the same skit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad