Latndresse or Bourett

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
*sigh* Latendresse has been hashed over so many times let's just wait and see what happens Saturday. At least then we'll know that a team that favoured one over the other picked first.

They both have their pros and cons.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Looks like the Canuck's will pick 1 of the two if everything stands(and follows the HF mock draft). Bourret is a more safer pick to be an NHL I think. He kind of reminds me of Stan Smyl in a few ways.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Bourret will (should) be picked before Latendresse. Latendresse has some holes in his game (mainly skating and will) while Bourret has very few drawbacks.

Phoenix should pick Latendresse but Bourret will be gone when that happens.

braino

Sep 14, 2002
Visit site
Bourret vs Latendresse

Bourret 5'10 214 vs Latendresse 6-2 222

Both played 65 games

Bourret 86points vs Latendresse 78points

Bourret 172 penalty minutes vs Latendresse 76 penalty minutes

Intangibles:
Bourret is a great skater, the best hitter in the draft (crushes people), great defensively and simply the complete package.

Latendresse is slow, a little overweight, defense is not his forte and we'll give him the sweet hands factor.

Bourret is a sure top 15 pick, Latendresse will be drafted 25th-50th .

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Bourret is also older - pretty much the oldest draft eligible player who didn't opt out of last year's draft. As such, he's a bit more mature and his production should be a bit higher (Bourret us about year older than Crosby and 9 months older than Latendresse).

I think their offensive upsides are similar, but Bourret seems the safer pick and probably will take a quicker route to the NHL. Actually, he might be one of the players to crack a line-up this season. Latendresse however, may be just as much the player Bourret is and the better long term power forward package, it'll just take a lot longer. And with the higher risk, comes the lower selection most likely. But his upside is such that he probably won't last that long past #15 (if at all).

frnchmn11

Jun 19, 2005
Having watched Bourret for 2 seasons I can tell you a few things. When Bou get the puck...just sit back and watch what he does. I saw him get 6 assists in one game, I also saw his crush players with massive body checks. Try and get the video of his hit on Bobby Ryan in the CHL prospects game. For those interested in seeing a good body check by Bourret...http://www.lewistonhockey.com/gallery.php# then go to the pictures of the MAINEiacs vs Rimouski game on Oct 23, 2004. Picture #5 tells the whole story. Unfortunately, good old Doris Lebonte coach for Rimouski sent in the video to his pal Disciplinary Prefect Filion and Filion said Bourret left his feet so he got a 1 or 2 game suspention for this hit. As you can see from this picture, he didn't. Filion and the league were such a joke last year, reversing suspentions for Rimouski players and handing out suspentions to anyone not on the Rimouski team like Pez.

Hopefully that is over now since Sid the Kid is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad