GDT: LAT vs. USA May 21, 2024

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
Your post was useless and without any added value.

We all know Komuls was selected by Vitolins, because he's on the team.

Think before you post.
What you need to write now is 'sorry, I misunderstood you', and nothing else.

The nerve to make up a point I never made and then start to insult me over it, and then still try to pretend to be in the right.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Agreed on Bukarts, hard disagree on Daugaviņš. Dudes a tank, no way anybody would classify as "soft" hes also one of the leaders of this at the ripe old age of 35(!)
He thinks he's Gaudreau or Zegras. He's built like a tank, he does have a low center of mass and he does use it while dangling around and skating around the O zone to maintain possession.

But he plays laterally, he tries to make fancy plays, he is not driven by efficiency, he doesn't drive to the net or actually use his body close to the net, he opts for the fancy play instead of making the obvious one, his shot is not great, he's not a great playmaker, he overpasses and overwaits on breakaways. He does not use the puck efficiently. And he is getting slower every year.

I'm OK with him being a 2nd or 3rd line wing, but the main scoring threat on the top line or PP1? No thanks.

Reactions: Summer Rose

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
He thinks he's Gaudreau or Zegras. He's built like a tank, he does have a low center of mass and he does use it while dangling around and skating around the O zone to maintain possession.

But he plays laterally, he tries to make fancy plays, he is not driven by efficiency, he doesn't drive to the net or actually use his body close to the net, he opts for the fancy play instead of making the obvious one, his shot is not great, he's not a great playmaker, he overpasses and overwaits on breakaways. He does not use the puck efficiently. And he is getting slower every year.

I'm OK with him being a 2nd or 3rd line wing, but the main scoring threat on the top line or PP1? No thanks.
Who would you replace him with? Nobody really comes to mind to be honest. Not in the nearest future, anyhow.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Who would you replace him with? Nobody really comes to mind to be honest. Not in the nearest future, anyhow.
Balcers.

The Abols-Daugavins line should be the 2nd line in August and they should be paired up with an actual top6 winger. Even Indrasis would be a better option than Dzierkals/Krastenbergs. Indrasis was useless on the 3rd line.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Balcers.

The Abols-Daugavins line should be the 2nd line in August and they should be paired up with an actual top6 winger. Even Indrasis would be a better option than Dzierkals/Krastenbergs. Indrasis was useless on the 3rd line.
Balcers and who else on the line? Im assuming you are counting on our NHL players being there for the team?

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Balcers and who else on the line? Im assuming you are counting on our NHL players being there for the team?
Obviously, yes. Balcers-Blueger-Tralmaks would be a great top line, with Tralmaks adding some size and physicality. Just add someone with actual skill to complement then.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Obviously, yes. Balcers-Blueger-Tralmaks would be a great top line, with Tralmaks adding some size and physicality. Just add someone with actual skill to complement then.
So in ideal scenario offense would something like
Balcers-Bļugers-Tralmaks(?)
Daugaviņš-Ābols-Indrašis(?)
Ķēniņš-Girgensons-Ri.Bukarts( this would be a great energy line)
Dzierkals-Batņa-Ločmelis(maybe?)

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
So in ideal scenario offense would something like
Balcers-Bļugers-Tralmaks(?)
Daugaviņš-Ābols-Indrašis(?)
Ķēniņš-Girgensons-Ri.Bukarts( this would be a great energy line)
Dzierkals-Batņa-Ločmelis(maybe?)
I wouldn't call Indrasis on the 2nd line ideal, but he would be an actual threat against the opposition we're facing, which is why we also need secondary scoring from the 3rd line so I'm not sure about Girgensons at 3C.

Hopefully they get to play some prep games. I would love to get a look at Vilmanis too.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
As a ducks fan.. Im dissapointed in Zegras.. He should be much better. Dude is always in his own way

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
As a ducks fan.. Im dissapointed in Zegras.. He should be much better. Dude is always in his own way.
This was maybe his best game so far too, and it wasn’t all that great. Don’t know what you do with him in elimination besides hope something clicks. He’s never been a burner but he looks straight up slower than the depth guys he’s been facing the past few games, and his passes aren’t even fooling 3rd pair defenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad