GDT: LAT vs. FRA May 12, 2024

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
And another point lost. Quarterfinals are slipping and slipping away, and we haven't played any of the direct competitors...

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
And again we lose atleast one very imoprtant point for the hope of make quarters.. that is if we even win in OT. Not good.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
I will not hear one more bad word about Dzierkals. He won the Swedish Championship with my hometown team and was on the ice for 55:04 penalty killing minutes without letting in 1 goal in the regular season. He's a cult hero now. He also increased his points per game with 181,25 % from the regular season to the playoffs and had 8 points in 11 games in Champions Hockey League.
I don't mind him in the team overall, but maybe he shouldn't be relied on for scoring. His scoring touch is extremely off this year for some reason, so putting him into the line that we hope will carry us in scoring seems a bit strange.

And really, he wasted so many moments his linemates have created for him.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And another point lost. Quarterfinals are slipping and slipping away, and we haven't played any of the direct competitors...
On the bright side, means next to nothing if you beat the direct competitors. The bigger issue that the OT isn't exactly undeserved here by France.

Get scored on first by Poland and France, blow the lead against Poland and France... Honestly, this team has been not good in almost all areas other than their resilience.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
On the bright side, means next to nothing if you beat the direct competitors. The bigger issue that the OT isn't exactly undeserved here by France.

Get scored on first by Poland and France, blow the lead against Poland and France... Honestly, this team has been not good in almost all areas other than their resilience.
Honestly, I thought that one of the biggest losses we had before the tournament was not Balcers, or Rubins, or Silovs, but Abols the dad.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
W against KAZ and GER in regular and should be fine no ?
Question is do we deserve playing in Quarterfinals...

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
France casually throwing away their chance for the extra point. This could cost them dearly at the end of the day.

Good match though. Entertaining to watch.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
I just remember times like two years ago when a point was what we missed to get into the playoffs...

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
It sucks that after such a great year last year we are back at sqaure one. I cant
What does this even mean? What were your expectations with this obviously weaker squad against obviously tougher field of competition (I know we have faced only Poland and France so far)? We somehow build on once in a lifetime bronze with bigger success?
Thats not what i meant, since atleast the core players are there i WAS hoping for Quarters start, nothing too crazy.

Kazakhstan and Germany are both tough teams to beat, of we win it might again be OT, which just isnt enough, thats why 6 points in these games were so important

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
It sucks that after such a great year last year we are back at sqaure one. I cant

Thats not what i meant, since atleast the core players are there i WAS hoping for Quarters start, nothing too crazy.
I think you should go back to sportacentrs.

As for the game, well, as long as we do finally get 3 points vs. Kazakhstan, this does not affect our chances of deciding our own fate. If we beat Kazakhstan, the games against Germany and Slovakia will be the deciding ones.

I see no reason to be all dramatic.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala

Kazakhstan and Germany are both tough teams to beat, of we win it might again be OT, which just isnt enough, thats why 6 points in these games were so important
Yeah but we'll need more than 6pts vs GER & KAZ anyways.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
I think you should go back to sportacentrs.

As for the game, well, as long as we do finally get 3 points vs. Kazakhstan, this does not affect our chances of deciding our own fate. If we beat Kazakhstan, the games against Germany and Slovakia will be the deciding ones.

I see no reason to be all dramatic.
Kazakhstan looks pretty good this year, at least so far. If the stars align and we play our best we beat them in regulation.

Yeah but we'll need more than 6pts vs GER & KAZ anyways.
Yeah i get that, but in case those games go OT we have some cushion in the standings. Now its either win or dont make quarters

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
I will not hear one more bad word about Dzierkals. He won the Swedish Championship with my hometown team and was on the ice for 55:04 penalty killing minutes without letting in 1 goal in the regular season. He's a cult hero now. He also increased his points per game with 181,25 % from the regular season to the playoffs and had 8 points in 11 games in Champions Hockey League.
Most of the chances Dzierkals had would not have happened unless he was such a fast player with good hockey IQ. So its double frustrating to see that he, with all his good qualities, has 0 offensive instinct. Especially weird, since he was once touted as a highly gifted offensive forward. 10 years ago it seemed more possible that he would become an NHL offensive superstar, or that he would quit hockey alltogether, than that he becomes an elite PK killer.
So yeah, he is a grade A player at creating chances for himself, and a grade A player at wasting those chances. Should be chained somewhere near the dot and made shoot the puck on net for a year straight. Never seen a player change so much during the transition from junior to pro.

Reactions: ozo and Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad