Last Day of the ECHL Season ...

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... and two of the four games remaining today have a chance to influence the final divisional standings.
  1. Adirondack @ Brampton (2:00 p.m. EDT): The Thunder are tied at 87 points with Reading, so a win or an OT/SO loss would give ADK the North Division championship. A regulation win for Brampton would bring the tiebreaker scenario into play to determine the 1st seed.
  2. Kalamazoo @ Indy (3:05 p.m. EDT): These two teams come into Sunday with the Fuel leading my one point in the Central Division standings (76 vs. 75 points). So Kalamazoo must either win in regulation to snatch the 4th & final playoff slot, or win in OT or a shootout and let the tiebreaker stats decide. A loss for KAL of any kind would eliminate them & send IND to Toledo for Round 1.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
ADK & IND both won in regulation this afternoon. I can never figger out those tiebreakers, so I'm certainly relieved. :wg:

First round playoff series game dates & times & locations are now posted on ECHL.com.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
It is all over with now, but the Manchester vs Worcester game also played a role. Adirondack was already going to finish ahead of Reading even if they lost, due to the tiebreaker. However, Manchester had a chance to jump over Adirondack and take first (if the Thunder had lost). If the Monarchs had lost yesterday they would have finished in third place. Since both teams won it ended with Adirondack, Manchester, Reading, in that order, each separated by one point. I'm expecting a couple of close series in the north division, with the three top teams so even, and Worcester on a real hot streak the last month.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Thanks for the historical corrections, '119. All that leap-frogging makes my head hurt. :ha:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm looking forward to the Cyclones/Komets series. The teams match up well and it could get out of control:thumbu:. Cyclones make playoffs for the second time under Coach Matt MacDonald (4th year as HC). Probably saved his job.

Congrats to Indy for making the playoffs for the first time! They came on really strong over the last half of the season and Toledo might have its hands full despite the big gap in records of the two teams.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I'm looking forward to the Cyclones/Komets series. The teams match up well and it could get out of control:thumbu:. ...
I'm considering driving over to Cincinnati with my wife for two of the three games they stand to host in Round 1. I just wish they could've scheduled Games 3 & 4 on consecutive nights (like Thursday & Friday or even Friday & Saturday), because then I could book those two nights in a local hotel now without the lingering uncertainty of a Game 5 in town. But I was never contacted for my opinion. :(

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm considering driving over to Cincinnati with my wife for two of the three games they stand to host in Round 1. I just wish they could've scheduled Games 3 & 4 on consecutive nights (like Thursday & Friday or even Friday & Saturday), because then I could book those two nights in a local hotel now without the lingering uncertainty of a Game 5 in town. But I was never contacted for my opinion. :(

As you know, games 4 & 5 will be on consecutive nights. The arena was booked for Friday night (lame comedy acts) or game 3 would have been scheduled for that night.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Guess I'll just wait 'til the upcoming weekend to see if the Cyclones split @ the WMC. Gives me a reason to follow the progress of those games. I've gotta keep the hockey juices flowing beyond the regular season, or the summer gets brutally long.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

UnofficialTGnome

Apr 11, 2018
I for one am looking forward to the Royals beating Manchester. Was a tough team all year, I believe they split 6-6, but barring anymore injuries, I think the Royals will pull it out. Going up for Saturdays game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad