Larsen traded to EDM - Regin signs with NYI

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Looks like a good deal for both.

Larsen should have a better shot in EDM, even after they sign UFA Ference.

Placing Regin with Nielsen in NYI could give him a new lease on life in the NHL. The deal is one year @ 750k.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Looks like a good deal for both.

Larsen should have a better shot in EDM, even after they sign UFA Ference.

Placing Regin with Nielsen in NYI could give him a new lease on life in the NHL. The deal is one year @ 750k.

Fantastic good news for Regin to hopefully be able to play with Frans Nielsen. A 750K 1-year deal is quite good for him based on his injury history.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Really happy for Regin. Islanders seems like a good spot for him in terms of having Frans, and its an developing team I think. Making the playoffs this year was huge.
Has to take his chance when opportunities come when injuries to other players gets him some ice time....He has to prove himself...
Im not tuned into the off season but how are the Islanders lines looking?

Frans said in an interview today that he has played with a lot of great players but that Regin was still one of the better ones and that very few people can do with a puck what he can.

Really hope he can as injury free as possible and get right mentally too because he is so friggin talented....

Watching Larsen at the WC shows how skillful he is. I have to believe that a team can use him in the right way...But the NHL is even more about size these days..

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
To the above post..

As a half Canadian, even I am getting tired of the NA mentality these days.. It's like the more violent the better.. They don't care about the beauty of the game, hence why we dont see players like Gretzky, Lemieux and the likes anymore..

They are afraid of technical players and small players, and just want the big bully'ish players..

Some even called Frans and Peter the softest duo ever... I would LOVE to see some danes in the KHL, really unfolding their potential.. Sadly, NHL still has way too much pull.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
To the above post..

As a half Canadian, even I am getting tired of the NA mentality these days.. It's like the more violent the better.. They don't care about the beauty of the game, hence why we dont see players like Gretzky, Lemieux and the likes anymore..

They are afraid of technical players and small players, and just want the big bully'ish players..

Some even called Frans and Peter the softest duo ever... I would LOVE to see some danes in the KHL, really unfolding their potential.. Sadly, NHL still has way too much pull.

Exactly my feeling as well. It's a real shame, that people simply likes hockey for the smash-and-gory aspect, than for technical beauty of the game.
But apparently even KHL is toughening up lately - but on a big rink you still have the room. The small rink is getting too small for the giant players skating around today.
Actually neither Frans Nielsen or Peter Regin are actually small or skinny seen from a normal human viewpoint.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Exactly my feeling as well. It's a real shame, that people simply likes hockey for the smash-and-gory aspect, than for technical beauty of the game.
But apparently even KHL is toughening up lately - but on a big rink you still have the room. The small rink is getting too small for the giant players skating around today.
Actually neither Frans Nielsen or Peter Regin are actually small or skinny seen from a normal human viewpoint.

They are just goons, and goons will be goons.. I say to my friends who like the bang more than the bucks, to go watch UFC or something..

I miss the beauty of the game, and it's not often you see that anymore..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad