Confirmed with Link: Lars Eller to Colorado for 2025 second round pick

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
GMBM 3D CHESS.png

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I cannot believe anyone is up in arms over this trade. If not for the injuries, Lars Eller would have been a glorified utility 4C this year. His only great/elite skill was his puck possession and that's seemingly been dying over the last 2 seasons, his already terrible finishing has some how gotten worse, and his vaunted PK stats are just name recognition at this point.

I just don't get it. Getting anything for him is a positive.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I cannot believe anyone is up in arms over this trade. If not for the injuries, Lars Eller would have been a glorified utility 4C this year. His only great/elite skill was his puck possession and that's seemingly been dying over the last 2 seasons, his already terrible finishing has some how gotten worse, and his vaunted PK stats are just name recognition at this point.

I just don't get it. Getting anything for him is a positive.

A 2nd rounder in any of the next few years for a 33yr old UFA with 16pts in ~60 games is a f***ing coup.

Does anyone think we'd have gotten more if we'd sold months ago?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
His goal in CBJ was certainly one of the changing moment for that cup run.
I say one of because THE changing moment for me was Wilson's hit on ZAR
One of my favorites from 2018 was Wilsons Game 7? hit vs Tampa when he helicoptered that f*** head Kunitz forced a turnover dropped a pass to Kuz onto Ovi to break their backs a minute into game 7.

My first youtube upload was Kunitz cross checking Varly in the head leading to his game 7 meltdown many moons ago. So that hit of Willy's gave me great enjoyment.

Last edited:

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
GMBM needs to be getting his flowers. If this was George McPhee we'd have traded 6 future picks by now to get rental veterans to try and sneak into the 8th seed and lose in Round 1. The Ernie Grunfeld special.

Instead, GMBM saw the forest for the trees early and we can retool and compete as soon as next season. We had the most injured team in the NHL and honestly if 19 and 43 hadn't been irresponsibly brought back together, destroying chemistry, you could argue we'd be in playoff contention until April. (probably would miss but still)

With a healthy team next year and new pieces, they can compete even though the East is a machine now.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm still amazed Eller returned a 2nd at this stage and love it. Many folks said he wouldn't fetch that.

You aren’t getting any more in return for Lars. So the option was either to sign him, let him walk, or get this. I prefer this option by far. It also opens up space for Protas or CMM to have a full time spot.
Precisely, it forces Lavi to play youth now and we get a glimpse of who makes it for next year or stays in Hershey.

GMBM needs to be getting his flowers. If this was George McPhee we'd have traded 6 future picks by now to get rental veterans to try and sneak into the 8th seed and lose in Round 1. The Ernie Grunfeld special.

Instead, GMBM saw the forest for the trees early and we can retool and compete as soon as next season. We had the most injured team in the NHL and honestly if 19 and 43 hadn't been irresponsibly brought back together, destroying chemistry, you could argue we'd be in playoff contention until April. (probably would miss but still)

With a healthy team next year and new pieces, they can compete even though the East is a machine now.

Time flies, but I seem to remember GMGM not making any moves one TDL. Someone refresh my memory.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Good bye Tiger. Will never forget his goal during the cup run but he has been horrible the last couple of years.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
My kid will be bummed, he a big Eller fan. But he's 6, so he doesn't have a good handle on fancy stats OR the eye test.

Thanks for the memories Tiger, and best of luck in Colorado!

Reactions: Firsov99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad