Lane Hutson can reach the level of Quinn Hughes at NHL?

Lane Hutson can reach the level of Quinn Hughes?

• Yes

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Not the same level, but 3/4 level of Hughes

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Not really, but good player, 2/4 level of Hughes

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Not really a NHL defenseman

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
17 points, 6 goals in 14 NCAA games for Lane Hutson.

He is fun to watch, high offensive talent right there.

Do you think, he can reach the level of Quinn Hughes at NHL?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
sky's limit for Hutson, imo.... you dont put up Makar-like numbers at 18 years and then just dont work out in the NHL cus youre an inch or 3 shorter.

That said, Ill say not as good as Quinn, but not that far off.

Reactions: Weztex

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If he's smart enough and fast enough for the NHL, there's no reason to think his numbers can't translate at least in part.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
He has the potential to be the very best offensive D in the NHL

The only question is will he ever hit that potential

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
No, am I missing something here? A defenseman putting up 17 points in the first 14 games of an NCAA season doesn't suddenly mean he's going to be scoring at a PPG+ level at the NHL. Hughes has been playing at 90 point pace this season and is probably only behind Makar and Josi offensively. That is a very high bar to reach.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If there was a "Maybe" option I would have taken it.

Players like him are very hard to figure out compared to others who you can see their "play" translating to the NHL.

People won't really know until his first couple NHL games.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
No, am I missing something here? A defenseman putting up 17 points in the first 14 games of an NCAA season doesn't suddenly mean he's going to be scoring at a PPG+ level at the NHL. Hughes has been playing at 90 point pace this season and is probably only behind Makar and Josi offensively. That is a very high bar to reach.
I think the Hughes comparison comes from both of them putting up big points going through the college system, and both being small, offensive Dman.

I haven't seen a huge amount of Hutson, but I personally don't see him being a very direct comp to Hughes, as he is quite different stylistically. I'm not sure if I see Hutson's style translating to the NHL as well, but the kid is impressive to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad