Lance Bouma

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Here's the Flames future 4th line:

Bouma - Arnold - Ferland

I agree, we see this next season. But I really believe Arnold and Ferland have elite 3rd line potential. I personally think Arnold is just as good as Knight, he needs to work on his FO's though. Those 2 will likely rotate in our bottom 6 for years to come.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I agree, we see this next season. But I really believe Arnold and Ferland have elite 3rd line potential. I personally think Arnold is just as good as Knight, he needs to work on his FO's though. Those 2 will likely rotate in our bottom 6 for years to come.

Look at Bouma's stats. He's easily shown that he's capable of top 9 duties. The guy gets no ice time, but when he does, the guy is a beast. I'm not saying Bouma, Arnold/Knight, and Ferland are only good for the 4th line, but the way they play makes them ideal 4th liners, whereas a guy like Monahan, Colborne, Baertschi, Gaudrea, etc. wouldn't be any good in that role.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I know that most of you guys are to young to know what I am talking about but I will say it anyways.

Bouma = Risebrough

Lance Bouma will have a letter one day. And a fistful of rings.

Aug 3, 2010
I know that most of you guys are to young to know what I am talking about but I will say it anyways.

Bouma = Risebrough

Lance Bouma will have a letter one day. And a fistful of rings.

Bouma's not half the agitator Risebrough was, which was all part of his job description. I wish Risebrough would come back to Calgary in some way.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I never want to see Risenbrough have anything to do with the Flames ever again. He ruined our franchise for years until Sutter came on board. That still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to this day and I can never forgive him for what he did.

MG, I agree with everything you said about Bouma. He's the kind of guy that wins you games, and playoff series with. We cannot let him go. When Burke took over, he elevated his game to another level yet. He's arguably the best player on our roster at playing his role, in fact he is, it's not even a debate.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I never want to see Risenbrough have anything to do with the Flames ever again. He ruined our franchise for years until Sutter came on board. That still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to this day and I can never forgive him for what he did.

100% this. Murry Edwards would be an idiot to let this guy in the building let alone give him a job.

On Bouma: I am surprised people are calling him a 4th line player when he brings so much to the table. I see him as more of a Glencross in a few years. Being a decent 2nd line forward or a 3rd if we are stacked.

JulianHopper*

Good player that works hard and has been a good player for the Flames all season.

With him being an RFA next season, why hasn't he been re-signed?

Sep 12, 2012
Gotta love his work ethic for sure. Just took 3 blocked shots in one shift and didn't get off the ice, even though he was clearly hurting. Hes been a great 4th line guy. Its been good to see him recover from the injuries earlier in his career.

Right after getting jack knifed and landing badly, with his ankle bending one way and his knee bending the other.

The guy is almost as indestructible as Smid.
Great bottom 6 player. I hope he's around for a long time.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Good player that works hard and has been a good player for the Flames all season.

With him being an RFA next season, why hasn't he been re-signed?

Eric Francis (take it for what you will) said something along the lines of the Flames and Bouma's agent already discussing contract extensions last night during the Flames/Kings game.

Ice Cream Man

$1 Oysters
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
Bouma is awesome. The guy is gritty as hell and has some offensive skill. Best bottom-six forward you could ask for.

I want him signed to a four-year deal if possible, averaging somewhere between $1.7M and $2.1M is possible, In fact, this is my guess.

Bouma has future captain written all over him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bouma's not half the agitator Risebrough was, which was all part of his job description. I wish Risebrough would come back to Calgary in some way.

Great player. Stupid GM.

The only way I would want to see Risebrough come back to the Flames is to be in the ticket selling department since he cant play anymore. He should not have anything to do with hockey management or scouting and developing players

By the way, if you dont remember, this is what Risebrough did :(

Toronto Maple Leafs acquired
Doug Gilmour
Jamie Macoun
Kent Manderville
Ric Nattress
Rick Wamsley

Calgary Flames acquired

Craig Berube
Alexander Godynyuk
Gary Leeman
Michel Petit
Jeff Reese

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Bouma is awesome. The guy is gritty as hell and has some offensive skill. Best bottom-six forward you could ask for.

I want him signed to a four-year deal if possible, averaging somewhere between $1.7M and $2.1M is possible, In fact, this is my guess.

Bouma has future captain written all over him.

How many captains are bottom six forwards? He might get an A, but teams generally want someone who plays more than 15 min/game to be captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad