Injury Report: Lance Bouma - DTD (Upper Body Injury)

May 27, 2012
Earth
giphy.gif

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This one hurts. Not only do we lose some sandpaper but we also lose offense.

The boys will win it for Bouma and Gio though.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Gaudreau's got LA's number anyways. He'll carry the offence enough.

Grit though... we're hooped. Bollig back in I suppose?

Would have been a good game for Wolf to step in for.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Bollig can't do what Bouma does, you can't replace that. Byron is about the only guy who plays that way.

Wills commented today how tough Bouma is, he never misses a shift. If he couldn't come back in that game, you have to be concerned about this.

Bouma isn't an elite player, but saying he is a big part of this team is a massive understatement. What he does for us cannot be fully measured, I REALLY hope he is okay!

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Bouma can't play, which would indeed be a big loss, Byron should take his place if he's good to go.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
If Bouma can't play, which would indeed be a big loss, Byron should take his place if he's good to go.

I agree, he bring the closest thing to Bouma's energy and tenacity we have. But he doesn't stand a chance against the Regehrs, Browns and Kings if they try to wear us down physically.

But since Bouma wouldn't stop them on his own anyways, you might as well bring in the speed and talent guy.

Wait... that's Bennett!

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Whether Bollig, Bennett or Byron go in for Bouma (say that 3 times fast) I think Ferland should stay on his line

Ferland - Stajan/Backlund - Jones

Ferland looked pretty good there

Then I'd have Bollig on the 4th line

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Ferland - Backlund - Jones
Raymond - Stajan - Colborne
Bollig - Granlund - Jooris

Roll lines 2,3 & 4 pretty evenly.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Whether Bollig, Bennett or Byron go in for Bouma (say that 3 times fast) I think Ferland should stay on his line

Ferland - Stajan/Backlund - Jones

Ferland looked pretty good there

Then I'd have Bollig on the 4th line

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Ferland - Backlund - Jones
Raymond - Stajan - Colborne
Bollig - Granlund - Jooris

Roll lines 2,3 & 4 pretty evenly.

I agree with this. In fact I wouldn't mind it if Stajan stayed with Jones and Ferland either. Then we could roll 2a and 2b lines (rather than 2 and 3). Raymond-Backlund-Colborne would ideally create some offensive chances while Ferland-Stajan-Jones can do the same but while being a crash-and-bang line.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I almost like keeping Ferland and Granlund together. They've both got lots of energy and tons of chemistry.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What about Shore? Against a tough Kings team is there a way both Bollig and Shore could come in?

I would love to dress both Bollig and Shore, except that would require Raymond to be scratched. Hartley I guess wants Mason playing.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I would love to dress both Bollig and Shore, except that would require Raymond to be scratched. Hartley I guess wants Mason playing.

I don't like Raymond much but there's no doubt you need as much NHL talent in the lineup as possible against the Kings.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bollig can't do what Bouma does, you can't replace that. Byron is about the only guy who plays that way.

Wills commented today how tough Bouma is, he never misses a shift. If he couldn't come back in that game, you have to be concerned about this.

Bouma isn't an elite player, but saying he is a big part of this team is a massive understatement. What he does for us cannot be fully measured, I REALLY hope he is okay!
No one can replace Bouma.

I don't think Byron is healthy, he played one game (and played pretty well) and vanished from the line-up again. Me thinks he wasn't as ready to go as was expected.

If Bollig draws in it will be because he has played well against the Kings this year and is a tough SOB and the Kings will be playing a rough game. ALso Bollig will not draw into Bouma's spot, I assume Ferland would move up and Bollig would replace Ferland on the 4th line.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No one can replace Bouma.

I don't think Byron is healthy, he played one game (and played pretty well) and vanished from the line-up again. Me thinks he wasn't as ready to go as was expected.

If Bollig draws in it will be because he has played well against the Kings this year and is a tough SOB and the Kings will be playing a rough game. ALso Bollig will not draw into Bouma's spot, I assume Ferland would move up and Bollig would replace Ferland on the 4th line.

The reason I thought he might be healthy is that he was back skating again in the Edmonton morning skate, then was out early for practice the day after, then was in the morning skate again yesterday.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I would put Bennett in or Shore. **** Bollig, he should ride the pine for the year after that St.Louis ********

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'd like to see Shore play... He's been pretty good for us when he's in the lineup. He uses his size well along the boards and has decent hands.

Aug 3, 2010
Shore in for Bouma would be OK.
Would like to see Wotherspoon rotated in as well, but unlikely. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad