Proposal: LAK-NYI: Sorokin for PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledge And Dairy

As a neutral fan, I would think that the Islanders do that deal for sure
As a neutral fan I think Islanders block LA's number in a heartbeat. Sorokin has had a below average season but he will almost certainly bounce back to being a top 5 goalie in the league. NYI needs another star player not another 2nd line center

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
There is no chance that Sorokin should be traded in a hockey trade.

The roster in NYI is not good enough to make a run of any kind without being dragged along by a generational Sorokin carry job.

You put PLD on that roster and you see meh. I don't see any kind of path to success.

You could argue that NYI should tear it down and rebuild. But if they're trying to compete, it'll be with Sorokin

Reactions: Sports2

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
id personally would be willing to do a Sorokin for Demko swap considering contract AAV,length, and his recent play I can see a trade making sense, and the Canucks might do it since Demko seems to be having injury issues.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Maybe if LA retains signficantly for the next seven f***ing years?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This would address NYIS main need, more scoring. LA addresses their main need also. I think LA needs to add, something like a 1st+ though cause DuBois deal is already clearly terrible. Sorokin is trending poorly this season, but still not viewed anywhere near being a cap dump, like Dubois has become.

I only say this if Islanders decide to move on from Sorokin. If their intention is he's their guy, no reasonable adds get the deal done.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I always wonder if people are serious when making a thread like this.

Like YOU really believe sorokins value is as low as PLDs (arguably worst or 2nd worst value contract in the league atm)?

Sorokin was still an above average starter this season. PLD is making 8.5m the next 7 years and just played the year on the 4th line.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I assumed this was a joke thread. Was i wrong? Did the OP actually propose this as a legitimate offer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad