Confirmed Trade: [LAK/FLA] Cole Krygier for future considerations

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
On of. His twin brother is an Islander pick. I'm interested to see if the oft-moved Future Considerations makes his way to the Isles too.
All Future Considerations will end up in Arizona, when The Coyotes finally cash them in the cup is theirs.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Krygier was a pick from the previous regime, so perhaps Florida wasn't planning on giving him an ELC.
There’s a million ways to speculate. We could just as easily say his value is low and he already made it clear to management that after graduation he wanted to move to LA, NHL or not. Who knows? I would hope management doesn’t just simply say “he’s not my guy” without some sense of analytic or observational assessment.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
There’s a million ways to speculate. We could just as easily say his value is low and he already made it clear to management that after graduation he wanted to move to LA, NHL or not. Who knows? I would hope management doesn’t just simply say “he’s not my guy” without some sense of analytic or observational assessment.

I expanded on my speculation on a later post. Florida has 5 potential AHL LD already signed for next year. So perhaps Krygier just wasn't in their plans and they were doing him a favor by moving him somewhere who had a spot open. Florida could use that contract spot on a free agent at another position.

Reactions: Dr Beinfest

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
FC just means, at most, that Kings GM might owe Panthers GM a favour in the future. At most.
AT LEAST!!!!!!! ………you should google “meaning of NHL Future considerations”. AT LEAST!!!

The deal is to be finalized later on a basically a hand shake / trust situation where both GMs know the parameters of the return …… which could be based on performance or result.

sometimes the return is not to substantial and both GMs want to keep things private and not get roasted in the media Until the end result is known. Sometimes certain factors don’t happen a player is traded for nothing.

Future considerations = all details of the trade are not known / could be nothing / could be something

At the draft……. Your favourite team could have 8 draft picks 3 days b4 the draft…….. then all of sudden you reed your team has 7 draft picks and the 7 round pick that they did have was just given to team x to complete the trade made at the trade deadline. ( future considerations).

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
AT LEAST!!!!!!! ………you should google “meaning of NHL Future considerations”. AT LEAST!!!

The deal is to be finalized later on a basically a hand shake / trust situation where both GMs know the parameters of the return …… which could be based on performance or result.

sometimes the return is not to substantial and both GMs want to keep things private and not get roasted in the media Until the end result is known. Sometimes certain factors don’t happen a player is traded for nothing.

Future considerations = all details of the trade are not known / could be nothing / could be something

At the draft……. Your favourite team could have 8 draft picks 3 days b4 the draft…….. then all of sudden you reed your team has 7 draft picks and the 7 round pick that they did have was just given to team x to complete the trade made at the trade deadline. ( future considerations).
They never just send over a draft pick or player anymore to complete a previous deal, like we used to see. All transactions do need to be completed at the time of the trade call.
However, when you see "Team A trades their 7th rd pick in this year's draft for Team B's 7th rd pick in next year's draft" on Draft Day, those types of trades are very much in the vein of "Hey, remember when I did you that favour previously and you owe me future considerations? Well, take this into consideration.", but we'd never actually know it was related to the previous deal officially or not.

Essentially, f.c. deals build relationships and garner some reciprocity for GMs to "consider" in the future.
Pretty much the only f.c.'s that you can point to with confidence are when Team A trades an NHL contract playing in the AHL to Team B for future considerations, and then at the same time Team B's AHL team sends an AHL contract back to Team A's farm team. Even then, in the eyes of the NHL these are technically unrelated transactions because the NHL has no care or say in AHL contracts, but it's pretty heavily implied that the AHL transaction is the "consideration" taking place to move the NHL contract.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
They never just send over a draft pick or player anymore to complete a previous deal, like we used to see. All transactions do need to be completed at the time of the trade call.
However, when you see "Team A trades their 7th rd pick in this year's draft for Team B's 7th rd pick in next year's draft" on Draft Day, those types of trades are very much in the vein of "Hey, remember when I did you that favour previously and you owe me future considerations? Well, take this into consideration.", but we'd never actually know it was related to the previous deal officially or not.

Essentially, f.c. deals build relationships and garner some reciprocity for GMs to "consider" in the future.
Pretty much the only f.c.'s that you can point to with confidence are when Team A trades an NHL contract playing in the AHL to Team B for future considerations, and then at the same time Team B's AHL team sends an AHL contract back to Team A's farm team. Even then, in the eyes of the NHL these are technically unrelated transactions because the NHL has no care or say in AHL contracts, but it's pretty heavily implied that the AHL transaction is the "consideration" taking place to move the NHL contract.
Google the sporting News article from last month Feb 23, th2023 by Bryan Murray.

Titled “Future considerations explained”

The example I gave about a draft pick being returned a couple days b4 the draft happened to my favorite team a few years ago. Cap friendly had a trade listed as future considerations. A few days b4 draft I noticed a late draft pick was missing. I then pressed the icon that explains where it went and the trade was updated and was fully explained.

Future considerations means to be completed at a later date. And yes often Future considerations mean nothing is coming back as certain aspects were not met.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Google the sporting News article from last month Feb 23, th2023 by Bryan Murray.

Titled “Future considerations explained”

The example I gave about a draft pick being returned a couple days b4 the draft happened to my favorite team a few years ago. Cap friendly had a trade listed as future considerations. A few days b4 draft I noticed a late draft pick was missing. I then pressed the icon that explains where it went and the trade was updated and was fully explained.

Future considerations means to be completed at a later date. And yes often Future considerations mean nothing is coming back as certain aspects were not met.
With all do respect to Brian Murphy, he's off the mark with this current CBA.
They definitely used to do that. And at the time of the example he provided, 1993, that was still true. But now you can't have a player named at a later date.

Is your team Winnipeg?
Since 2010 the only f.c. deals Winnipeg made were both in 2019 for Alex Broadhurst from Columbus and Jimmy Oligny from Vegas (and they haven't given up a player for f.c. in that time frame, either). In neither scenario did CBJ or VGK end with a draft pick from WPG.
Vegas has only every received a pick from Winnipeg three times: expansion consideration, Cody Eakin, and Paul Stastny trades.
The Blue Jackets have not received any draft picks from Winnipeg in that time frame.

You may be thinking of a different team, but I'd love to see it, because I cannot remember a scenario in the New CBA of a player or asset explicitly being named at a later date.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I will suggest that with all the prospects the kings have at some point in the future la will send one there as the future consideration The reason trade isn t done now is kings are deciding to want to decide between them all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad