Waived: [LAK] F Jaret Anderson-Dolan waived by the Kings (cleared)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
JAD is an interesting one, he's mostly played fourth-line minutes but he's a high-character guy with a penchant for scoring goals. He never really got a chance to find his footing in LA. He's got less offensive instinct than Fagemo, but more of a bottom-six game and therefore chance to play regular NHL minutes. Decent on the penalty kill too. Hope he gets a shot somewhere.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I could've sworn they'd already waived him once this preseason. :laugh:

Anyway...interesting player. Has been so derailed by injuries and a logjammed LA system, it's hard to even know what you're really getting here.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
I remember when he was the main piece of a Pacioretty deal.

Not looking great.

Hopefully for him he gets picked.
people had him as the main piece in a deal for patches? yikes i know us kings fans (like every other fanbase) over values their prospects ... but for real? haha

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just like Fagemo

He'll make some team very happy as NHL ready cheap depth.

If I were him I'd have asked for a trade two years ago but dude is too high-character to do anything but shut his mouth and do the work.

Another Rob Blake masterclass in asset depreciation and glass ceilings

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I thought LA was also waiving Rittich?
Didn't happen.
Still have 3 goalies up...

I think Spence and Lee going down today (waivers exempt) should get them under for opening rosters while they settle the goalies... (Maybe hoping one of the goalies yesterday gets claimed, making it easier to pass one of their own after opening rosters are set??)

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

bland

Jul 1, 2004
That makes sense. So if LA we’re to waive a goalie who would it be?
Rittich, who was also the best goalie in camp.

But since our GM runs his team like a fraternity where all pledges, sorry, I mean kids "must pay their dues" regardless of skills or draft position, and veterans are treated like Legacies, they make their decisions based on whatever they call "respect" first.

Now why Talbot - who has not performed well - deserves that respect over Rittich, who they signed at practically the same time, is beyond me.

Of course all of that goes out the window when a shiny new toy comes on the market, then its time to get taken to the cleaners to bring in a name.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Rittich, who was also the best goalie in camp.

But since our GM runs his team like a fraternity where all pledges, sorry, I mean kids "must pay their dues" regardless of skills or draft position, and veterans are treated like Legacies, they make their decisions based on whatever they call "respect" first.

Now why Talbot - who has not performed well - deserves that respect over Rittich, who they signed at practically the same time, is beyond me.

Of course all of that goes out the window when a shiny new toy comes on the market, then its time to get taken to the cleaners to bring in a name.

two reasons

Talbot is a McLellan "guy", so he's part of the fraternity

Talbot is 84 years old, age before beauty for the kings

I mean, so what if Eichel is allowed to literally skate the puck into the net with no resistance, I know the coach

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I thought LA was also waiving Rittich?
Expected to do it tomorrow. They just wanted to make their roster cap compliant for today. They reportedly wanted to wait till teams had their roster set before waiving him to make it less likely he's claimed.

If he's claimed or clears/sent down to the AHL, they'll call up Kaliyev to add him to the roster so he can continue serving his suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad