Prospect Info: LAK Draft (83rd, 2020) RW Alex Laferriere, Des Moines, USHL

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I hope he sticks. He looks like someone who could become a solid middle-6 winger. The forward depth is insane. It is becoming very hard to choose between all the depth forwards. Some are going to have to be moved sooner or later. We are becoming adept at providing depth around the league :sarcasm:

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

I dunno know, he looks a little lackadaisical.

I hope he sticks. He looks like someone who could become a solid middle-6 winger. The forward depth is insane. It is becoming very hard to choose between all the depth forwards. Some are going to have to be moved sooner or later. We are becoming adept at providing depth around the league :sarcasm:
It's pretty telling when guys like Dowd and Amadio have carved out solid careers for themselves. I just hope we don't pull a Bunting and let someone go who breaks out (unless it's in a trade for commensurate picks or talent back our way, of course).

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I dunno know, he looks a little lackadaisical.

It's pretty telling when guys like Dowd and Amadio have carved out solid careers for themselves. I just hope we don't pull a Bunting and let someone go who breaks out (unless it's in a trade for commensurate picks or talent back our way, of course).
Hope he gets a game in vs the ducks.

They are taller version of Lizzotte. Lizzo looks to have a better scoring potential playing half the games . If he was 6-2", he'd be the best 4th line center in the league.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Laferriere did not play for the Reign last night...is he not with them? Or strictly a 'black ace' now?
Wouldn't it behoove him to be playing with the Reign?

Reactions: ru4reals

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
He was recalled to LA a few days ago. Part of the deal with him signing to burn a year on his ELC.

Yes. I saw that he practiced with the Kings and even rotated in line 1. And saw him at the end of the bench in a light blue suit, with Fiala, Bjornfot, Edler, after the final home game.
But I figured he would go back to the Reign to play and play in the playoffs.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
he cannot

Thanks. It's too bad, because the Reign need all the talent they can ice and playoff experience would be great for him...is it his contract? Or that clear day thing? I am glad he's up and practicing and will be a black ace. Just would think AHL playoffs would be better.

Since you know these things. What happens if and when Pinelli or Clarke's playoffs end.
Can they join the Reign or Kings? Thanks!

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
is it his contract? Or that clear day thing?
I believe it's a clear day thing... BECAUSE of his contract.

He could have signed an ELC that started on July 1st* and signed an ATO that would have allowed him to stay and play in Ontario.

Instead he signed an ELC that started the moment he signed it, therefor burning the first year of his entry level SPC and making him inellegible to join the Reign because he has an SPC and wasn't on their roster for clear day.

I think.

*I don't know for a fact that July 1st is the start of the fiscal year this year but historically the reason Free Agency starts on July 1st every year is that the NHL Fiscal Year begins on July 1st.

Unrelated... this is also a large part of why I believe that the NHL Entry Draft is the final event of a concluding season rather than the start of the following season.
Since you know these things. What happens if and when Pinelli or Clarke's playoffs end.
Can they join the Reign or Kings? Thanks!
They can join the Reign. They both have signed their Entry Level SPC but they are both "sliding" and because they play in the CHL can join the AHL at the conslusion of their season.

I am not 100% on these details but I'm preeeeetty sure that's basically how it works.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Blake: "He will make an excellent drone in Ontario next season."

14584bea-2c88-4510-897c-4fc0663b1671_text.gif

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I believe it's a clear day thing... BECAUSE of his contract.

They can join the Reign. They both have signed their Entry Level SPC but they are both "sliding" and because they play in the CHL can join the AHL at the conslusion of their season.

I am not 100% on these details but I'm preeeeetty sure that's basically how it works.

Thanks, Jessie, appreciated.
I assume Laferriere can play for the Kings in the playoffs?
I sincerely doubt it would happen.
Unless there are 1-2 more injuries and the Kings down 3-0 in the series, why not give him a game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad