Confirmed with Link: [LAK/ARI] Sean Durzi to the Coyotes for a 2024 2nd round draft pick (MTL)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I love this trade. Around Chychrun rumor times I valued Durzi at roughly a late 1st rounder in equivalency. I’m a big Durzi fan. He made some bad mistakes on the playoffs and Kings fans have been dumping on him. Two or three bone head mistakes don’t define a career. He’s been the target of heehawing by online jackasses for the last couple of months. I encourage you all do dismiss those donkeys entirely.

I’m late to the party. My mite took a skate blade to the neck at his game this afternoon and I was at urgent care getting him stitched up. Only six stitches. He only cried at the rink because we wouldn’t let him keep playing. Didn’t cry at all at urgent care. Was joking when they sewed him up. He told the doctor that he had an itch on his neck and his friend used a skate blade to scratch it for him. Hahahahaha.

Totally agree. This should ease Keller’s concerns a bit. I’ve been suggesting we use this excess draft capital to acquire a younger defensemen. This is exactly what I was hoping for.
Glad your sons alright! A blade to the neck...

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I must be the only one that doesn't like this. I've hated Durzi whenever I've seen him play. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Between working with Coach Tourigny and playing his natural side, I think you will be proven wrong. Hopefully I'm not proven wrong.
Between working with Coach Tourigny and playing his natural side, I think you will be proven wrong. Hopefully I'm not proven wrong.
Yeah I hope so. I'm not sure I'd have move anything more than a 4th for him. I really haven't seen anything positive from his game. Maybe I'll pop over to the Kings board, if they're upset about losing him that'll reassure me.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
At least this guy will throw a punch from time to time...or atleast take one. I don't see soda, moser, valimaki etc defending our young skill guys.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’ve always been impressed with Durzi. Beyond the skill, I like his swagger. He has confidence and he doesn’t back down. Kind of like Stecher that way. But closer to Gostisbehere in skill.

When thinking about potential Chychrun packages last spring, I always considered him roughly equivalent to a late first in my valuation. So getting him for a future 2nd is nice. I’m very happy with this move. Not just because I like the player and not just because I like the fit, but because I like what it signals. NO MORE TANKING!!!

We are finally free from losing on purpose! Doesn’t it feel good? We’ll still lose the majority of our games, but it won’t be because of self-sabotage. And that’s a relief!

Today is a good day for Andre Tourigny. And today is a good day for Clayton Keller. And today should be a good day for Coyotes fans.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Moser - Durzi
Valimaki - Soderstrom
Kolyachonok - Brown

Something like that. Getting there. Leaves some okay options for Tucson. Maybe we make one more move to bump Brown to spare.
No Kesselring?

rt

May 13, 2004
Yes he is, as of now, but he is still relatively young for a D. Maybe he develops, or maybe not. Good depth.
I was glad to get him as a throw in. And I think he played well here. Even better in Tucson. But he’s not getting penciled in. Him and Kolyachonok both I have hope for. But they gotta earn it in the AHL first.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
We got a 2nd from Philly to take Gostisbehere who was great the entire time he was here. Then we got a 3rd from Carolina at the deadline for Ghost. Now we trade a 2nd for his replacement in Durzi. So we got great play out of Ghost, a free 3rd, and his younger replacement for basically nothing. When you net this all out, it’s genius.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
We got a 2nd from Philly to take Gostisbehere who was great the entire time he was here. Then we got a 3rd from Carolina at the deadline for Ghost. Now we trade a 2nd for his replacement in Durzi. So we got great play out of Ghost, a free 3rd, and his younger replacement for basically nothing. When you net this all out, it’s genius.

To make it all the more ridiculous, PHI paid a 2nd and 3rd for DeAngelo and now are sending him back to Carolina for peanuts.

Pretty much two 2nds and a 3rd to get rid of Ghost and replace him with DeAngelo for a year only to sell DeAngeko back to the team who originally traded him, who also traded a 3rd to us for Ghost.

Lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce