[LAK/ARI] Brayden Burke and Tyler Steenbergen for Cole Hults and Boko Imama

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
So this is basically Burke for Hults, since Imama wasn't getting qualified and Steenbergen won't get qualified

Reactions: andys

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It was exciting heading into the season with a roster full of promising AHL rookies, but the reality is that there's more to constructing a team than promise and potential. Having veterans that go about their business and do The Hard Stuff is essential to a winning team, and the last thing I personally want is for our kids in the AHL to lose every game of the season. A winning culture is the most important thing for an organization from top to bottom, and we've lost that entirely.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
It was exciting heading into the season with a roster full of promising AHL rookies, but the reality is that there's more to constructing a team than promise and potential. Having veterans that go about their business and do The Hard Stuff is essential to a winning team, and the last thing I personally want is for our kids in the AHL to lose every game of the season. A winning culture is the most important thing for an organization from top to bottom, and we've lost that entirely.
I have absolutely no idea what this trade would have to do with that

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
I have absolutely no idea what this trade would have to do with that

Burke's spent the past three seasons in the AHL. He's still young, but he's not a rookie in the AHL. It's a small step towards having some more professionals on the Reign. Imama was essentially a fourth-line plug. Burke's 52 points in 19-20 are the most for the Reign since Matt Moulson was on the team.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Burke's spent the past three seasons in the AHL. He's still young, but he's not a rookie in the AHL. It's a small step towards having some more professionals on the Reign. Imama was essentially a fourth-line plug. Burke's 52 points in 19-20 are the most for the Reign since Matt Moulson was on the team.
Ahh, I completely misread your initial post, I totally agree

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
So we want to win with scores like 7-6 on the Reign? The farm needs solid d and goaltending. No clue why Hults was moved. If healthy he had a shot to add some grit on the backend. We gave up too soon on him.

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
And then LA goes out and signs TJ Tynan the Star and Garret Sparks! JCristos don't we have enough Goaltenders! Burke and Tynan top scorers...hope Sutter isn't coming back and becomes and Assistant Coach...AHL champs book it

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
So we want to win with scores like 7-6 on the Reign? The farm needs solid d and goaltending. No clue why Hults was moved. If healthy he had a shot to add some grit on the backend. We gave up too soon on him.
I wonder what the deal was with Hults

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Passed on the depth chart by a lot of other dmen.

In just one abbreviated season? I wonder if there were issues off-ice with regards to work ethic or attitude, or if it was just a favor to a kid that might not get a shot in the AHL next season. Who do we even have in Ontario on the left side next season though? Wolanin, Moverare, and Phillips, like Hoven mentioned? Phillips was a bigger trainwreck than Hults. It just seems strange to me I guess. Oh well, he's gone.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
In just one abbreviated season? I wonder if there were issues off-ice with regards to work ethic or attitude, or if it was just a favor to a kid that might not get a shot in the AHL next season. Who do we even have in Ontario on the left side next season though? Wolanin, Moverare, and Phillips, like Hoven mentioned? Phillips was a bigger trainwreck than Hults. It just seems strange to me I guess. Oh well, he's gone.
I watched quite a few Ontario games last season and I didn't think Phillips was that bad! Hey the team at times looked like a train wreck but that can be expected when there was nary a vet to look upto

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005

I was pretty high on him too and thought he had a chance. Looked pretty ok from the eye test, certainly not the train wreck Durzi was in the d-zone. Had grit too which was lacking in ONT.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
In just one abbreviated season? I wonder if there were issues off-ice with regards to work ethic or attitude, or if it was just a favor to a kid that might not get a shot in the AHL next season. It just seems strange to me I guess. Oh well, he's gone.

Hults entering into the Kings organization like...

zGHQb4O.gif

Reactions: kilowatt and Vino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad