Confirmed with Link: LaJoie re-signed, 1yr, 2-way, $750K/$200K

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
In 2 years we’ll have some “fun” decisions to make but Aho may make some for us.

Jarvis is coming back.

Aho comes back: we’ll be deciding between Necas and Turbo. If he doesn’t we probably try to keep both.

Skjei and Pesce but I’ll assume it is Pesce.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Do we think we’ll give Aho an 8 year contract? He’ll be younger than some of the others we let walk but I doubt the Tulsky algorithm equals that being the right choice. If he’ll take a five year deal I’m sure there’s a conversation to be had but there’s no reason for him to take less term for us.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Do we think we’ll give Aho an 8 year contract? He’ll be younger than some of the others we let walk but I doubt the Tulsky algorithm equals that being the right choice. If he’ll take a five year deal I’m sure there’s a conversation to be had but there’s no reason for him to take less term for us.
There are always exceptions to every rule. If the organization doesn’t know this, we are being run poorly. I think it is likely they would make him an exception for term, but I am unsure if they would give him the best offer he can get.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'd be surprised if they thought literally everyone was replaceable. Being the bridesmaid for Laine, Eichel and Tkachuk highlights how difficult it is to acquire scoring talent of that caliber at the price you want to pay. Take a step back in competitiveness out of principle?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
As you said, Aho will be younger. That will make a difference in how negative the back of the contract projects according to Tulsky if Aho is signing for ages 27-34.

For comparison, Trocheck will play year 1 of his 7 year deal at age 29.

But I also agree with the comments that if you are going to have one long term signing into the 30s they are likely to make it Aho. If two, Aho and Slavin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad