Confirmed with Link: Laine + Roslovic (Extended) to Columbus for Dubois + 3rd (Mod Warning Post #290)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Lol, on the Tampa-Columbus game; a lot of talk on home town kid Roslovic .....

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Watching the interviews, Wheeler pretty clearly doesn't give a shit and Ehlers is MAD. Wheeler has glowing reviews of PLD but he's malaise as heck about Laine's performance and their relationship. Thanks, Blake.
This. I think Laine is way too much critized about ”his wanting out”. If for some reason you don’t like your workplace then you have to resign and look for a new job. For a NHL player the route is this.

Obviously there is something in the room. Ehlers was surprisingly unmannered when he answered NO! to the question about Patriks reasons. Probably it has something to do with Wheels/Scheif and their relationship with PoMo. Wheels seems to be a traditional ”grind your way up” guy. Who thinks that you have to grind through AHL and lower lines to become a true player. Silver plate teen stars might rub him in the wrong direction.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wheeler's comments are a lot more nuanced than you are pointing them out be. He is an extremely well spoken player who gave a complex answer that touches on a lot of things that can't be summed up in two lines to paint him in an unfavorable light like you are trying to. I suggest people hear it for themselves.
Agree.

Also, I expect many to completely ignore the very positive comments that DeMelo gave about how classy the Jets organization is from top to bottom. Incidentally, PLD's father said the same thing a few years ago.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
This. I think Laine is way too much critized about ”his wanting out”. If for some reason you don’t like your workplace then you have to resign and look for a new job. For a NHL player the route is this.

Obviously there is something in the room. Ehlers was surprisingly unmannered when he answered NO! to the question about Patriks reasons. Probably it has something to do with Wheels/Scheif and their relationship with PoMo. Wheels seems to be a traditional ”grind your way up” guy. Who thinks that you have to grind through AHL and lower lines to become a true player. Silver plate teen stars might rub him in the wrong direction.
I dunno. He verbatim said "In no way was I hard on Patty. If anything I coddled a teenager, young 20s something".

Reactions: jokesondee

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Do you know anything about how Wheeler came into the NHL? Maybe read his Wikipedia page. He refused to play for the team that drafted him and went to Boston as a UFA. I don't believe he's against any player empowerment.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
They're pumping him up like he's a #2 C. The whole reason we got rid of him is because he's in no way a 2C lol

I believe that Columbus announcers apparently saying he’s being interviewed in the intermission (not sure if it’s first or second)

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watching the interviews, Chevy let it slip that he was in the market for a top center or top defenseman as a return for Laine :eek: I guess he's not happy with how things are looking with our prospects?
What should he have said?

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
FWIW a Leaf fan here, and my initial response when this was announced was "Boy its going to be fun watching Winnipeg's big two against ours."

Dubois absolutely killed us in the playoffs last year. The kid is really good.
I don’t want to be offensive but Leafs are usually killed in the Playoffs. Happened to be Dubois this time.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Re: your intangible #1, I agree with you - I like that Laine played a great first game with 2 goals (and I think an assist?) and was physical coming to the defence of Connor. Big difference when you compare that to PLD’s now infamous 20 second shift the other night. That being said, I am willing to look past it and not judge him on that one shift.

It will be interesting to see Laine & torts together lol. Not sure that’ll end well, but we shall see.

It will not end well. But it will end amusingly :)

And yeah. I'm a firm believer in fresh starts and I'm a firm believer that attitudes can change, especially as a 22 year old. I ain't gonna hold it against him, but I better not see it in a Jets jersey EVER.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If we don't want players like Laine, what exactly are we doing as a franchise?
What a joke
Exactly. I think even the most positive posters have to acknowledge that on the surface this is terrible value. If PLD rounds his game out and turns into a 1C, I’ll be happy.

But as it stands we traded a guy with a generational shot for a 60 point C who can’t win faceoffs, is mediocre defensively, has character issues, and just quit on his team. Plus we threw in Roslovic?

There’s a lot here to dislike.

That being said, Chevy was raked over the coals for the Trouba trade, and we ended up handily winning that trade, so I’ll reserve judgment. I’m not sure how similar the situations are, but here’s hoping this is better than it looks.

Reactions: angrymnky

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lol, on the Tampa-Columbus game; a lot of talk on home town kid Roslovic .....

I would think there is a good chance Roslovic won't get lost in downtown Columbus...

I believe in those questions of Jets players between periods, the question was asked "which player would most likely be the one to get lost while visiting another city"....

The answer from a fellow Jets teammate was.... Jack Roslovic...

:laugh:

Reactions: SUX2BU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad