Laine is not that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Laine became really overrated last season because of his unsustainable shooting % and he got to play with one of the best centers in the league in Scheifele. This season has opened many eyes I believe. With sustainable shooting % and without Scheifele making all the plays, Laine is more of a 25+30=55 point player rather than star player like many Laine fans said.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Would be the fourth best on the Leafs behind Matthews, Nylander and Marner.

Does Laine play defense? I haven't watched him much. Because the Leafs don't, that much was apparent when I attended last night's game. And D certainly is a part of every player's game.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Terrible skater, has shown absolutely zero ability to drive a line. Needs 55 to produce as we've seen. Certainly not a bust but most likely not a top 5 player from that draft years down the road. 25g 25a player.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He's still 19. Potential is huge with this one. Plus very early to be saying he's not a very good player.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He's good, but I do find him to be overrated. I would easily take Matthews and Eichel over him. Two players that he's regarded to be in the same tier as. I would also definitely take Barkov over Laine as well. Have Barkov in that tier with Eichel and Matthews, not Laine.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Terrible skater, has shown absolutely zero ability to drive a line. Needs 55 to produce as we've seen. Certainly not a bust but most likely not a top 5 player from that draft years down the road. 25g 25a player.

Terrible skater? It didn't appear that way at last years skills competition.

Reactions: Clode

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Does Laine play defense? I haven't watched him much. Because the Leafs don't, that much was apparent when I attended last night's game. And D certainly is a part of every player's game.

Yup. Leafs don't play defense based on last nights game. If you paid any attention, the Leafs are in a slump and are not playing much of anything. Babs is trying to get the team organized. Seems opportunistic that fans are choosing now to get their digs in.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Honest question.... once you take away his shot what other elite ability does he have, or even above average? Not trying to troll, very interested.
I don't think he has any which is the problem. He's not that smart, his passing is average definitely nothing special. His skating is one of the slowest in the league. He has size but can't use it to win board battles.

I saw this last season but his unsustainable shooting % and Maurice insisting playing him with Scheifele made it look like something else. You could say Laine is getting exposed right now but the numbers and the eye test always predicted it.

Reactions: ehhedler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad