Which Duo is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
What Matthews is able to do at 5v5 doesn't get nearly enough credit, imo. he's among the best of the best. It would be great if he could get over 3 minutes a game of PP time with guys like Wheeler and Scheifele, but I'm sure he'll get a more favorable situation going forward and we'll see what he can do then
I completely agree with this and it's a big part of why I have Matthews > Laine.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I completely agree with this and it's a big part of why I have Matthews > Laine.
Thanks. It's still ridiculous how good Laine is on the powerplay. it's crazy that the 1+2 drafted players from 2016 are not only already miles above everyone else in their class, but also are already 2 of the top 5 goal scorers in the league imo.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hmm, I think both Laine and Ehlers are better than their counterparts. I'm surprised it's almost 50-50.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The only reason you want to make this poll is because;

A It annoys you that we own Winnipeg's rink (You will hear "go leafs go!" chants, and a huge celebration whenever anything pro Leaf happens in the game) when we play there because;

B we are the largest market in the NHL and that annoys you because you are one of the smallest markets. And this is likely not going to change. As I do not see any point in time where Alberta (especially Winnipeg area's ) population ever exceeds SW Ontario, specifically Toronto. So to rebel against this;

C You make silly subjective polls, comparing anyone on your team against the largest, most popular team in an effort to try to gain recognition. "Hey look at us over here!"

We see you Winnipeg. You are doing well this year. But you are and will always be small fry. Just enjoy the ride this year and prey that your team can keep the talent together long term...k? God knows you deserve to at the least win a round or two in the playoffs and see some success.

This is exactly why I suggest only comparing our players against that of teams with comparable markets because at least then I know it's not due to some inferiority complex, but rather an honest desire to compare two players subjectively.

Have a nice day, and good luck in the playoffs! I'm going to be rooting for you in the west this year!

I wonder if you Torontonians on your high, high horses can even see us pleebs..

We are not worthy..

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
We can't really...which is why you "pleebs" keep screaming for attention with these threads.

who me?

Nah, ive never started one of these.
I get plenty of attention, and am quite content with our small market fan base.

Do you want me to go back and find the COUNTLESS Laine vs Matthews, Ehlers vs. Nylander or Marner threads started by a Leaf fan?

Or pretty much any of the other countless leaf player vs. threads started by leaf fans.

Or would that f*** up your narrative too much?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
who me?

Nah, ive never started one of these.
I get plenty of attention, and am quite content with our small market fan base.

Do you want me to go back and find the COUNTLESS Laine vs Matthews, Ehlers vs. Nylander or Marner threads started by a Leaf fan?

Or pretty much any of the other countless leaf player vs. threads started by leaf fans.

Or would that **** up your narrative too much?

Many leaf threads are started by non leaf fans. (this thread case in point)

True story.

They are done as either click bait or troll threads. See if you want attention anywhere (including magazines and newspapers) you put Toronto in the title somehow.

And I'm very happy with Winnipeg at 3 percent fan base. So hopefully you guys survive the inevitable ticket price increase and just stay popular enough that you hang onto your franchise because you make for a fun road trip out west.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I honestly don’t watch many non-Jets games. I am surprised that many of you watch almost every NHL game to become experts on all players to judge them against each other.

So, like any shmuck, I’ll look at their offensive stats. I was surprised to see Nylander with only 14 goals. What is that all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille