Waived: Lagesson has been waived my dude. Claimed by ANA.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Pleasant surprise this season, he looked passable in every NHL game he played which is all you can ask. Wouldn't be surprised if he does clear waivers as most teams likely know that he doesn't really project to be a full time NHLer and likely don't believe there is much untapped potential. That being said, a chunk of teams need "warm bodies" to finish their regular season schedule, he would be useful to those teams.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
How does a guy like Lagesson not get traded for a 5th or something like that? In a world where 4, 5, 6 guys on bad teams get moved for 3rd round picks so they can play 5, 6, 7 roles on contenders, there’s got to be a business case that a 6, 7 on a playoff team should carry value on the market.

Or am I out to lunch here.

Might be they just ran out of time before a deal could be made and the waiver deadline clock was ticking

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
How does a guy like Lagesson not get traded for a 5th or something like that? In a world where 4, 5, 6 guys on bad teams get moved for 3rd round picks so they can play 5, 6, 7 roles on contenders, there’s got to be a business case that a 6, 7 on a playoff team should carry value on the market.

Or am I out to lunch here.
On a playoff bound team, Lagesson is 7th in GP for blueliners and just below that in TOI/G, IIRC. He'd probably be in tough to have trade value because only another playoff bound team would be interested in acquiring him. Treliving might also be betting that Lagesson clears waivers and isn't altogether lost to the organization.

Reactions: Ciao

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
So the final cost for Lyubushkin was Lagesson, an actual NHL player, plus the picks.

I'm not convinced the juice was worth the squeeze on this one. Lagesson was a pretty good hockey player. He was well liked among the fans.

Lyubushkin is a pending UFA who likely won't be back.

Anaheim was more than happy to grab Lagesson off waivers. They know a thing or two about defensemen. They've supplied the Leafs with enough of them over the years.

Wouldn't surprise me if Toronto trades for Lagesson back again.

After Anaheim develops him properly. Unlike the Leafs. Toronto couldn't develop a defenseman unless they drafted the next Pronger.

Meanwhile Anaheim turns guys like Lagesson into top four NHL defensemen on a regular basis.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I thought he looked pretty good for us.

Hated this move and hate even more than we lost him.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Boston check mated us by picking up Maroon. None of our core 4 will go in the corners against him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Boston check mated us by picking up Maroon. None of our core 4 will go in the corners against him.

Has it ever really looked like this would be our year? We still have Keefe ffs. Thats worse than just about any add we could have made. He is a negative impact coach

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It’s better Anaheim claimed him than Boston or Florida or something. That’d have been a kick in the pills.
1709941059231.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So the final cost for Lyubushkin was Lagesson, an actual NHL player, plus the picks.

I'm not convinced the juice was worth the squeeze on this one. Lagesson was a pretty good hockey player. He was well liked among the fans.

Lyubushkin is a pending UFA who likely won't be back.

Anaheim was more than happy to grab Lagesson off waivers. They know a thing or two about defensemen. They've supplied the Leafs with enough of them over the years.

Wouldn't surprise me if Toronto trades for Lagesson back again.

After Anaheim develops him properly. Unlike the Leafs. Toronto couldn't develop a defenseman unless they drafted the next Pronger.

Meanwhile Anaheim turns guys like Lagesson into top four NHL defensemen on a regular basis.
It has nothing to do with Lyubushkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad