Lafreniere Peak?

Lafreniere has arrive. How good can he be?

• Top 5 NHL Player

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Top 10 NHL Player

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Top 25 NHL Player

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • Top 50 NHL Player

Votes: 49 21.9%
  • 1st Line Player

Votes: 78 34.8%
  • 2nd Line Player

Votes: 45 20.1%

• Total voters

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'd say top 50 player, maybe top 25.

I don't watch a ton of Rangers games, but I have seen a lot of their playoff games in recent years. He doesn't seem like a particularly dynamic player or a player with great puck skills, but he does seem to be able to get the puck in good scoring positions and he has a good release on his shot. He's already a good ES scorer; he would score more points if there wasn't so much competition for him on the Rangers' PP1 unit.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Definitely not top 25 player. Can be a solid 1st liner but I just can't see him being top 25. I can make a list of young players who will forever be better than him. He's a great player but he's not a game breaking talent which you need to crack the top 25.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Zero chance top 25 player. He’s a solid 1st line winger though and seems to be improving which is great to see

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
He has some skills that allow him to play along 1st line players, but he can't skate and cannot be the who driving the offense on his line.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Definitely not top 25 player. Can be a solid 1st liner but I just can't see him being top 25. I can make a list of young players who will forever be better than him. He's a great player but he's not a game breaking talent which you need to crack the top 25.
Forever? Can you see the future?

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I am a true believer, i voted t10. His nastiness as a player will help him find a level of effectiveness that only top tier dirtbag players reach. Crosby is the apex of this archetype in the last 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I am a true believer, i voted t10. His nastiness as a player will help him find a level of effectiveness that only top tier dirtbag players reach. Crosby is the apex of this archetype in the last 20 years.
His nastiness??

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
His nastiness??
Maybe the wrong word. He plays with snarl, chippiness. He is a dirtbag in the sense of how baseball players use it as a compliment. He hits, he gets in faces, he doesnt take shit, and he is good at sneaky/borderline stuff that, again, a lot of the beat players are good at.

He set the tone in the first series this playoffs by casually crushing a D into the boards, retrieving the puck, and flipping out a beautiful setup pass for a primary assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad