Laces

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
nni said:
what are the benefits of wax laces?

When you pull them tight, they stay tight. They tend to last longer too since they don't fray. The yellow Graf laces are the best laces imo.

Anyone here remember the old nylon laces that came in different colors?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Wax is the way to go, i threw some yellow wax laces on my 705s even tho they come with white wax laces but i like the yellow on grafs, anyway they hold however you tighten them which is a big plus. I wear my skates semi-loose and they wont loosen up much more during a game with the wax laces.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
stick9 said:
When you pull them tight, they stay tight. They tend to last longer too since they don't fray. The yellow Graf laces are the best laces imo.

Anyone here remember the old nylon laces that came in different colors?

Yeah, a lot of players on my high school team wore those in the early 80's! They were hard to tighten, though! Good old red-and-white skates laces!

Waxed. I never used them until 2 years ago, but they are SOOOOO much easier to tighten, they don't cut into your fingers like the non-waxed laces, and the little ends don't come off nearly as much.

McBold

Jan 22, 2005
cjbhab said:
I like the non-waxed ones, the waxed ones tend to give me blisters and don't really make a difference for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad