Laakso VS Vojta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I've loved what I have had the chance to see of Vojta so far this year. I know a lot of players have a hard time transitioning over to the North American game but it doesn't seem to be much of a deterant to Vojta so far. I think he could become a very effective 2nd pairing offensive complement to one of Borer, Carson or Hagemo.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Vojta has been one of, if not the worst defencman on the Ottawa 67's this year. He takes a lot of stupid penalties, he drifts, and he isn't putting up the points as expected.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Diaboli said:
What makes you think that?

I think Laakso will become a great #3, but not even close to a true #1 Dman.

If that.

He might become a #1 Dman on a team in Finland, but not in Nashville with Suter, Weber, Parent and Klein. Even in other NHL teams he would have a hard time to get the top pairing. #3 in most teams, #5 in Nashville (maybe #4).

He has the upside, but I don't see him reaching it. Then again, who am I to say that?

I still think he's much better than Vojta, though...

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I asked the question cause of mixed reports.... I don't know much about Laakso, if not that he was said to be the best Fin D-man, altought on a bad year.

Vojta was expected to be a 2nd rounder at worst, and currently in the OHL, while he isn't putting the numbers expected, as an increadible +16.... other d-men on that team are +5, -9, -9, -6 and 0. It seems the comparible on that team is Joslin, who at the same age is putting more numbers... time will tell.

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
Diaboli said:
What makes you think that?

I think Laakso will become a great #3, but not even close to a true #1 Dman.
Anyway, Laakso is going to be a great player for Predators.
-----------------------------------------------------------
TOP 3 finnish D-men's on the future (87-89born)
1.Teemu Laakso HIFK 87 (Nashville 3th round and 78th pick 2005)
2.Joonas Lehtivuori Ilves 88 (elibigle 2006 NHL Draft)
3.Jesse Jyrkkiö Ässät 89 (eligible 2007 NHL Draft)

Last edited:

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kafka said:
Vojta was expected to be a 2nd rounder at worst, and currently in the OHL, while he isn't putting the numbers expected, as an increadible +16.... other d-men on that team are +5, -9, -9, -6 and 0. It seems the comparible on that team is Joslin, who at the same age is putting more numbers... time will tell.

Once again, +/- is the most misleading stat. I see Jakub play once or twice a week, and I can honestly say he has been terrible. He has the odd flash of greatness, where you can see his true skill set. But other than that, he's very lazy and quite inconsistant. He definately has the skills to become a regular, everyday defenceman in the NHL, but he still has a lot to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad