Confirmed Signing with Link: [LA] Tom Gilbert (1 year, $1.4M AAV)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
He has no skills anymore really. He can skate I guess, that's about it. Bad defensively and brings nothing offensively. I guess as "depth" for 1.4M it's whatever but he makes your team worse when he's on the ice.

SONTOULOS

Jun 18, 2008
How the mighty have fallen

My God stop your banter and *****ing. What did you expect ? Lucic? Eriksson? Okposo? Stop, just stop already. DL did what he had to do. You got FA in TT & TP to think of. Then in a couple of years you have DD to pay as well. The only bad signing in my eyes so far is Gaborik. DL should have let this guy go after the cup. Thats all he was a rental. Brown deserved the $ he got for what he accomplished in LA. I believe he will find his footing back. especially after taking the C away from him. 2 cups in this day and age of hockey is amazing. There are 30 teams to compete with, not 6. So people stop playing GM here, enjoy hockey when it comes in Oct, and cheer on our Kings to win another cup for us.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I guess the Kings loved that one :

Decent depth guy. 3rd pair or 7th guy. He was outplayed by rookie Greg Pateryn here in Montreal

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He's not good at anything anymore. He'll pull off 1-2 Bobby Orr moves a season that will leave you going WTF, but most of the time he's below average at everything.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's not a bad 3rd pairing guy, won't put up many points anymore but he wasn't that bad with Montreal when playing on the third pair.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I actually proposed a minor deal last summer with Tom Gilbert going to LA. 1.4M is a much more appropriate salary.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
As a Sens fan, I was often surprised by his effectiveness. There was the reputation that preceded him, but his play was never that bad.

I think he'll fit in well with Sutter's system- and he can move far better than Schenn ever could.

But still shouldn't be more than a bottom pairing guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad