Confirmed with Link: [LA/MTL] Robert Czarnik for Steve Quailer

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
From what I could see of both of their pages on Hockeysfuture, it looks like Czarnik has more offensive potential but is a long term project, whereas Quailer is more of a bottom 6 pairing player which we have enough of right now.

EDIT: Actually, they are probably both long term projects, with Czarnik more of a skilled forward and Quailer more of a power forward in potential. They both needed a spark so this trade could be good for both of them.

Last edited:

habitue*

From what I could see of both of their pages on Hockeysfuture, it looks like Czarnik has more offensive potential but is a long term project, whereas Quailer is more of a bottom 6 pairing player which we have enough of right now.

Don't loose sleep about them.

They have no more than 5% chance to play a nhl game any time soon.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

EDIT: Actually, they are probably both long term projects, with Czarnik more of a skilled forward and Quailer more of a power forward in potential. They both needed a spark so this trade could be good for both of them.

Quailer has no potential to be anything anywhere.

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
-''Hey Marc, this is Stephen!''
-''Who?''
-''Stephen Ostaszewicz.''
-''Does not ring a bell.''
-''But... I'm not the Bulldog's GM!''
-''Oh! Okay. Uh... What's up?''
-''We need to talk about Quailer.''
-''Who?''
-''Steve Quailer.''
-''...''
-''It's not working out with him, it's becoming a distraction. I was talking to Rob Blake and...''
-''Oh! I know Blake. Played against him. What's he up to?''
-''He's the GM of the Monarchs and...''
-''The what?!''
-''Uh, it's the affiliate of the Kings and...
-''Enough. What do I need to do for his conversation to end?''
-''I'm faxing you a trade proposal between two guys who will never play in the NHL and I need you to sign it and fax it to Lombardi.''
-''Done.''

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Bergevin is teasing/trolling the fans :laugh:
Absolutely, he probably has an account here and starts rumors about Markov going to LA then calls the Kings GM and tells him to read the HF board after they swap two nobodies. :nod:

You guys are getting punked thinking were getting a star player.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Page 8 in less than 24 hours? Im not impressed. You guys can do better. This should be at Part 2 by now.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Anyone ever seen Czarnik play? Scouting report?

Plymouth Whalers season ticket holder here. I watched Robbie play for the 1+ years he was here. He was fast on his skates and showed decent scoring ability, but wasn't considered a top prospect. Rumors were he left U of M because he had no desire to go to class -- he left college mid season and joined Plymouth.

I do find it hilarious that some posters are complaining about this trade. What's next, complaining about the flavor of Gatorade served in the locker room?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Plymouth Whalers season ticket holder here. I watched Robbie play for the 1+ years he was here. He was fast on his skates and showed decent scoring ability, but wasn't considered a top prospect. Rumors were he left U of M because he had no desire to go to class -- he left college mid season and joined Plymouth.

I do find it hilarious that some posters are complaining about this trade. What's next, complaining about the flavor of Gatorade served in the locker room?

Pretty sure there was a thread this summer with stats to prove that the flavor of Gatorade in the room factored in with the teams on ice performance.:sarcasm:

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace

sounds like we a got a lazy guy that doesn't want to learn. no karakter. :)

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Uneventful trade. Let's move on and wish good luck to both.

pretty sure i saw something angrier than this and it disappeared quickly. not that i disagree with the sentiments. too many take too many things too seriously around here, including and not limited to themselves and their reactions to non-events like this trade of a left-wing who didn't fit our plans and was drafted two or three regimes ago, for a kid who might add some depth down the middle for a hamilton team that seems to have a need there.

my only real comment (beyond the opportunity to show off my new avatar) is the fact that slowly but surely Bergevin is (where possible) ridding himself of extraneous parts from previous regimes. this is only fair and to be expected b/c he deserves the opportunity to succeed or fail with a mess or amalgam of his own making and choosing.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I just read an interesting article that had a differant look at the Czarnik trade. To paraphrase, apparently Robert's cousin Austin plays for the Miami Redhawks. The article contends that Austin Czarnik will be one of the most sought after NCAA free agents and that maybe Bergevin is hoping a family connection could give the habs an edge in luring him to Habs land.

The Small Centre has 10 goals and 31 points in 23 games this season.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/02/07/more-than-meets-the-eye-to-minor-kings-canadiens-trade/

It's certainly an interesting hypothesis. I know we all want to get bigger, but if a Marty St. Louis clone appeared (arguments sake only, not claiming Austin is a Marty St. Louis) I would hate to pass it up just because of size.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just read an interesting article that had a differant look at the Czarnik trade. To paraphrase, apparently Robert's cousin Austin plays for the Miami Redhawks. The article contends that Austin Czarnik will be one of the most sought after NCAA free agents and that maybe Bergevin is hoping a family connection could give the habs an edge in luring him to Habs land.

You probably lost the majority of this thread's readers with that alone. ;)

Just how small is this guy, let's see ...

Austin Czarnik, Centre, Miami RedHawks: (...) However, generously listed at 5’9″ and 160 lbs, size has always been a concern for him, and is the main reason he has gone undrafted(...)

Generously? :laugh:

Sounds like a page stolen from Desharnais' biography. :sarcasm:

He seems more plausible as a Bulldog fixture than as a potential NHLer, for the reasons enunciated in your link:

The Hamilton Bulldogs have had issues scoring goals for two years now, and one of those issues is that they just are not strong at centre. A dynamic playmaker like Austin Czarnik would immediately step in and fill a hole on a secondary scoring line for the Bulldogs, and maybe just maybe he could develop into something more for Montreal.

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/02/07/more-than-meets-the-eye-to-minor-kings-canadiens-trade/

It's certainly an interesting hypothesis. I know we all want to get bigger, but if a Marty St. Louis clone appeared (arguments sake only, not claiming Austin is a Marty St. Louis) I would hate to pass it up just because of size.

Good point. You don't sign undrafted college graduates based on needs, you just get the best possible players and Hamilton could need the offensive output

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad