Kings Article: LA Kings Prospect Jean-Francois Berube Is Struggling To Earn #1 Goalie Spot With ECHL

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Same thing is going on in Manchester....Jones struggling to say the least.

I haven't talked to Mark Morris in a few weeks, but I'd guess that significant injuries to Kolomatis, and Campbell (both just returned recently) and a nagging one suffered by Muzzin, has been a factor, in terms of defensive play in front of Jones.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I haven't talked to Mark Morris in a few weeks, but I'd guess that significant injuries to Kolomatis, and Campbell (both just returned recently) and a nagging one suffered by Muzzin, has been a factor, in terms of defensive play in front of Jones.

This is true, but doesn't tell the whole story of how Mannino hasn't struggled with the same defense, and has actually been getting the bulk of the work over the last 6-8 games.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
The boys seems to play harder in front of Mannino. I don't if they if think they can relax with Jones in net or what...but Jones has also been inconsistent, which is a consistent problem. When he's on his game he looks great! An NHL career awaiting him. However when he's off the bench is ahead of him.

Kolomatis is actually still out. Not sure about injures to Muzzin but I know he's been scratched due to poor play. Another inconsistent guy.

Last edited:

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
The boys seems to play harder in front of Mannino. I don't if they if think they can relax with Jones in net or what...but Jones has also been inconsistent, which is a consistent problem. When he's on his game he looks great! An NHL career awaiting him. However when he's off the bench is ahead of him.

Kolomatis is actually still out. Not sure about injures to Muzzin but I know he's been scratched due to poor play. Another inconsistent guy.

Morris told me that Muzzin had been struggling after being nailed in the foot by a slap shot. But that was a few weeks ago...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Muzzin has got something going on in his head.

The boy has forgot how to play Defense.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Morris told me that Muzzin had been struggling after being nailed in the foot by a slap shot. But that was a few weeks ago...

I had heard and posted the same thing a couple of weeks ago and to me it looks like Muzzin has a compensation injury that is still nagging him. His foot was the big trouble and then in order to remain as competitive as possible and keep his spot on the team he used other muscle groups (etc) to try and compensate for his sore foot.

Now they are bothering him more than the foot. You can see him pulling up short at times and not being as agile/fast footed as he usually is. A two week break and he would be back to good imo but at this level of competition its hard to give up your spot.

JFB is a player that I say play in the Q before we drafted him and I honestly thought then that he would be a steal for someone. I was really happy when we picked him up and I still believe that he will put it all together and make the NHL in a few years.

It looks like he actually has started putting things together lately so here's hoping he keeps getting his game back. He has a ton of talent, its an issue of putting it together.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I had heard and posted the same thing a couple of weeks ago and to me it looks like Muzzin has a compensation injury that is still nagging him. His foot was the big trouble and then in order to remain as competitive as possible and keep his spot on the team he used other muscle groups (etc) to try and compensate for his sore foot.

Now they are bothering him more than the foot. You can see him pulling up short at times and not being as agile/fast footed as he usually is. A two week break and he would be back to good imo but at this level of competition its hard to give up your spot.

JFB is a player that I say play in the Q before we drafted him and I honestly thought then that he would be a steal for someone. I was really happy when we picked him up and I still believe that he will put it all together and make the NHL in a few years.

It looks like he actually has started putting things together lately so here's hoping he keeps getting his game back. He has a ton of talent, its an issue of putting it together.

Muzzin has been bad since his first stepped on the ice this year.

He had the same awful start to last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad