Confirmed with Link: LA Kings @LAKings Welcome to Los Angeles, Phillip Danault!

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
1-2 years too long, but lets figure that out in 3 years from now.

He needs a shooter on his wing, is this the future center for a rookie Kaliyev?

Reactions: Lt Dan

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
The term and dollars for a defensive third line center when the Kings are loaded with centermen? All nonsensical, but whatever. Yay?

Now, we can trade some of those centermen for a top LHD we need. Don't worry about the cap until you need to worry about the cap. We are in a very good spot.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Legit terrible signing. 6 years? At that price? While we have these many centers coming up? Way to show confidence in the prospects by taking playing time from them.

Reactions: Schmooley

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
One year too long but love this signing.

Just ask Auston and Mitch what it's like trying to score when he's on the ice. Also under-rated offensive production given he's primarily a shutdown player at 5on5 and his stats aren't boosted by PP points.

Hey, players like this don't grow on trees, so unless you're fortunate enough to draft and develop one, signing one is the next best option.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If the Raccoon Jesus wanted him, I will learn to want him. Holy shit we actually signed a top free agent!

upload_2021-7-28_11-22-22.gif

For better or worse we’re all gonna get a taste of my player evaluation :laugh:

I was all in on this move, the term is longer than even I’d like though but that’s the cost of lowering the AAV.

Not a fan. Most of you didn’t want to give Landeskog 7 years and we gave Danault 6…

Landeskog plays a physical power forward game that typically doesn’t age well and has overinflated numbers form playing with Mack and rantanen

Danault plays a defensive game that typically ages well and has underrepresented numbers due to hardcore 5v5 production and amazing play driving despite some of the hardest deployment in the league

they do not compare

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
So which center prospects are we flipping for a legitimate defenseman?

Question is whether that will occur this summer or next season/summer. Can see Blake and Co being patient by letting Vilardi handle 3C duties this season and Byfield starting in the A, but something has to give eventually. *At least* one of Vilardi/Turcotte is not long in LA, and the other will move to wing.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Yeah, he's a good third-line center.

That is now making $33m until he's 34 years old.

The Kings will eventually buy out this boat anchor, like everybody else buys out all the other boat anchors out there every year.

Good luck Kings center prospects!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Legit terrible signing. 6 years? At that price? While we have these many centers coming up? Way to show confidence in the prospects by taking playing time from them.

My guess is that they're still not ready to trust the young forward group, who rutinely got destroyed during and after faceoffs.

6yrs x 5.5 mil/

Reactions: Little Psycho

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Don't like the term but this could really help Kopitar. Our centers are too young to take on the defensive responsibilities that Kopitar does.

Reactions: Oof

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes