Kings Article: LA Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti on the 2023 NHL Draft: “We’ve Got to Get a Little Creative”

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
They actually have five. Just no first-round pick. They are expected to try to acquire more picks.
Get creative in trading Druzi, RV, Iafallo, or Moore for some picks?
Just a guess, but I suspect that they won't trade current roster players unless they have a chance to move into the top half of the first round. I find that highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened...

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Just a guess, but I suspect that they won't trade current roster players unless they have a chance to move into the top half of the first round. I find that highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened...

If we get a top half first round pick for Durzi, Blake will deserve the Galaxy Brain GM award.

Reactions: LAKings88 and funky

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Get creative in trading Druzi, RV, Iafallo, or Moore for some picks?
Moore ain't getting moved right after re-signing. Given what Sandin returned, I think we could get a late 1st or early 2nd for Durzi. I'd fine trading either RV or Iafallo; as much as it would suck as I like both players, we need slots to open in our top 9 for the kids and cap space.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Moore ain't getting moved right after re-signing. Given what Sandin returned, I think we could get a late 1st or early 2nd for Durzi. I'd fine trading either RV or Iafallo; as much as it would suck as I like both players, we need slots to open in our top 9 for the kids and cap space.

Hey we traded Lubo after giving him his contract :)

I agree though, highly doubtful to trade Moore at this point. My point was at least one or two of RV/Durzil/Iafallo/Moore should be sent away.

Reactions: BringTheReign

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
if Durzi is worth that rather keep Durzi, because he is already in the NHL, and has an upside.

draft picks are a crap shoot and seem to be over valued especially once you get out of top 20

Jun 30, 2006
Durzi would be more valuable at the trade deadline where you can get multiple picks and/or prospects. Moving him for a late round pick makes no sense.

Reactions: LAKings88

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
if Durzi is worth that rather keep Durzi, because he is already in the NHL, and has an upside.

draft picks are a crap shoot and seem to be over valued especially once you get out of top 20
It's not about that. It's the fact that we have two defensemen in the AHL that can fill that spot and likely be better. You aren't replacing Durzi with the guy you pick. You've already picked the guy to replace him. This is a chance to get something for him that could replace someone else a few years from now.

Durzi would be more valuable at the trade deadline where you can get multiple picks and/or prospects. Moving him for a late round pick makes no sense.
It does if you don't plan on being a seller at the deadline.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Horrible decision with the lack of cap space to improve the team (since we're trying to win now it seems). Team is overloaded in middle line mid-size wingers and RHD....and in desperate need elsewhere (size, toughness, LHD, Goalie).

It's like the FO is so stubborn. Makes sense though when you see the drafting.

Reactions: kinghock

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
“A lot of our prospects [such as Gabe Vilardi, Arthur Kaliyev, Quinton Byfield, and others] have ‘graduated,’ [from their prospect pool],” Yannetti said. “Our prospect pool has changed. We never did a rebuild [under general manager Rob Blake]. We did a re-tool.”

A re-tool with 3 top-10 picks in a row?

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
"Creative"
They are going to trade down to acquire more picks. Same as Carolina did a few years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad