Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
giphy.gif

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
HUGE rumor.....

Ok...So this is why I LOVE the NHL Trade Freeze.

Deals like this next one can actually be discussed!

Drew Doughty and Top Prospect for Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith.

This is the kind of deal you rarely see and yet this deal comes down to two teams moving around three contracts which are otherwise deemed unmovable.

The Hawks would get to make an impact with Doughty. and will be on the books with him until 2027. The Prospect, whose name I was not told, would be an A prospect not yet in the NHL. The Kings would get a true leader in Toews, who would bring some excitement and stability and is signed until 2023. Keith is signed until 2024.

The source that told me this said he believes Keith could be moved again...possibly to Florida for Anton Stralman...

In terms of dollar figures, this may be the biggest rumor I have ever heard in this complete of a form. It is currently at the e3 level, but I am waiting on a source that could move this to an e4 as early as today...
This has to be the dumbest rumor of all time.Doughty and a top prospect isnt being moved for either of those players cause Kings trying to rebuild.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I can see how it might make sense on paper given Chicago has Strome and Dach to eventually be their top 6 center punch in the future and LA doesn't have any other top 6 center proven in the NHL to replace Kopitar and Carter (despite having a few really good C prospects.)

But man, I highly doubt Chicago is ever going to trade their Captain that led them to three Stanley Cups. Likewise for Doughty, both of them are almost assuredly going to finish their careers with their respective teams. There's nothing here.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Doughty needs to come home to Edmonton where he belongs. Chicago needs to stop making trades for the sake of making trades. Zero chemistry teams.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
If this were to happen....I'd want Blake to be fired immediately!
The only way Blake makes a deal like this one is if he quits immediately after and is then employed by that team he traded with.

Regardless, Blake has already stated that Doughty and Kopitar are going nowhere. Apparently, Eklund missed that bit of news.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't understand why LA does this.

Imagine if Chicago moved Toews and Keith in the same deal. Has a team ever traded two iconic players in the same deal?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
HUGE rumor.....

Ok...So this is why I LOVE the NHL Trade Freeze.

Deals like this next one can actually be discussed!

Drew Doughty and Top Prospect for Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith.

This is the kind of deal you rarely see and yet this deal comes down to two teams moving around three contracts which are otherwise deemed unmovable.

The Hawks would get to make an impact with Doughty. and will be on the books with him until 2027. The Prospect, whose name I was not told, would be an A prospect not yet in the NHL. The Kings would get a true leader in Toews, who would bring some excitement and stability and is signed until 2023. Keith is signed until 2024.

The source that told me this said he believes Keith could be moved again...possibly to Florida for Anton Stralman...

In terms of dollar figures, this may be the biggest rumor I have ever heard in this complete of a form. It is currently at the e3 level, but I am waiting on a source that could move this to an e4 as early as today...

What would be the point of this deal for the Kings?

I can't see Toews ever being moved from Chicago. He's their version of Kobe Bryant. A winner, a legend, and a guy that will die as a Hawk. I can't see it happening.

I could see the Kings moving Doughty for a pick, and the Hawks possibly moving Keith however.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I’l only believe this if Jimmy Murphy confirms it.

Actually now that I think of it, I’ll believe all of Eklunds and Murphy’s rumours this year just for the hell of it.

I wish you all well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad