Proposal: LA ALL IN 3 way with Columbus and Buffalo

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo
What about Reinhart for Werenski 1 for 1? Columbus reverses the RyJo trade and both teams move on from players that might want out

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Of every player listed here, Werenski is the one that helps LA the most and he's not the one LA gets. A top LHD is our most pressing need.

Does something around Turcotte or Vilardi for Werenski work as a basic starting point with some adds coming from LA?

I'd also consider something around Byfield for Eichel, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to swallow how much it would cost.

The only guy I'm leaving out of either deal is Kaliyev, I think LA should keep him. The Kings with Eichel and Werenski look pretty good. I'll assume that the Kings would need to trade Byfield, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Kupari, and potentially others, not to mention quite a few picks.

Kempe - Eichel - Kaliyev
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Andersson - Vilardi - Moore
Grundstrom - Anderson-Dolan - Lemieux

Werenski - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Maatta - Walker

Petersen
Quick

Reactions: Legionnaire

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I don't think there's ever been a 16 player trade? Including 4 1st's and 3 2nds....
A single trade involving 23 pieces has never been done...

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
tenor(3).gif

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Of every player listed here, Werenski is the one that helps LA the most and he's not the one LA gets. A top LHD is our most pressing need.

Does something around Turcotte or Vilardi for Werenski work as a basic starting point with some adds coming from LA?

Not directly. But if the Jackets can parlay that into Eichel then it can be done.

- If Werenski would rather go to L.A.

- If Buffalo would take Turcotte+ and the Jackets 5th/6th OA for Eichel.

Then I could see Columbus doing it. If Werenski is willing to extend long term in Columbus though I wouldn't involve him. He's arguably the best player on the team.

Reactions: CBJx614

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Columbus gives up:
A young #1D under RFA control (Werenski)
A young top-line goal-scoring LW under RFA control on a cold streak (Laine)
A #1b/decent backup goaltender (Korpisalo)
A meh prospect (Meyer)
A late 1st (TBL 1st 2021)`

Columbus gets:
An early 1st (LA 1st 2021)
Three 2nd round picks in 2021 (woo f***ing hoo)
A maybe second-pairing RD (Miller)
An overvalued RW on a hot streak (Reinhart)
Two meh prospects (Anderson-Dolan, Pilut)
Two useless cap dumps that threaten our ability to retain our core (Eakin, Quick)

This is quite possibly the worst proposal for the Jackets I have ever seen in my life. It manages to combine all of Buy High (Reinhart), Sell Low (Laine), and Quantity For Quality (the three 2nds and the meaningless prospects) and still saddle us with two cap dumps that could screw up the core even further. It is an egregiously disgusting and offensive insult - a screwover and a "f*** you" of nigh-biblical proportions - and you should be deeply ashamed for having ever even thought of it as a possibility, let alone written it up and posted it.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Why not Seth Jones(sign and trade) for eichel straight? Yes if u break it down to pure exact value it favors Columbus but there’s a million different variables taking place with both players situation. It allows buffalo to build from the back end where they’ve failed for three straight rebuilds and put their focus on the forward group. Columbus, new coach, néwidentity and they get to continue to (maybe) contend around a franchise C who might be refreshed with the change of scenery and lack of media pressure in CBJ, they have some talented complimentary pieces to surround eichel with so who knows, could work out.

Dahlin-Jones would be absolutely unbelievable and Jones has actually proven to be a legit shutdown D against superstar top lines in the East. Something buffalo has proven year in and year out they desperately need.

is the chance of this happening and Jones agreeing to long term extension a massive long shot? Absolutely, but hey, it’s a message board and I’m hopped up on caffeine, so screw it.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings/Blue Jackets/Sabres

Kings go all in with this one I know it will get flamed but here goes

Buffalo
G Korpy - Columbus
D Werenski - Columbus
F Iafallo - LA
F Lemuix- LA
F Kempe- LA
C Byfield- LA
21 1st Tampa From Columbus
22 and 23 1st LA
Rebuilding forever

Columbus
D Miller- Buff
D Pilut- Buff rights to
W/C Reinhart- Buff
C Eakin- Buff
C/W Anderson LA
21 1st LA
21 2nd LA
21 2nd Boston from Buff
21 2nd Buff
Retool/ Rebuild

LA
D Risto- Buff
W Meyer-Columbus
W Laine- Columbus
C Eichel- Buff

LA ALL IN

Yes the cap works

Thanks for the effort, really. LA respectfully declines. (All parts below is what LA is building on except for Quick)

C Byfield- LA
F Iafallo - LA
F Lemuix- LA
F Kempe- LA
G Quick- LA
C/W Anderson LA
2020 1st Rounder
2020 2nd Rounder
2022 1st rounder
2023 1st rounder

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Kings are going to be a much improved team next year. I think other clubs in the pacific are going to have to watch out for LA.

I *think* what the Kings need the most is an upgrade on their left side D.. Mikey Anderson, Bjornfot and Olli Maatta aren't scaring anyone. Maybe they should stay the course and see who might be available in free agency or shake out just prior to the expansion draft.

Reactions: Reaper45 and Fro

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I can tell you that Kings fans ignore this train wreck.
We have the right pieces to make the right trades, not this fantasy mass production
In a much more simplified trade, I think the Kings could pursue Werenski.

Werenski/Doughty would be a top 3 pairing in the league. Columbus needs a center, Vilardi+ or Turcotte+ would make sense.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I'd also consider something around Byfield for Eichel, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to swallow how much it would cost.

The only guy I'm leaving out of either deal is Kaliyev, I think LA should keep him. The Kings with Eichel and Werenski look pretty good. I'll assume that the Kings would need to trade Byfield, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Kupari, and potentially others, not to mention quite a few picks.

Kempe - Eichel - Kaliyev
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Andersson - Vilardi - Moore
Grundstrom - Anderson-Dolan - Lemieux

Werenski - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Maatta - Walker

Petersen
Quick

buffalo does not need Werendki. Thry have Dahlin. Their need would be in RD in terms of acquiring a D in any trade.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Your probable 3C behind QB and Kop...thats "best offer"? Quality, not quantity

Edit: Vilardi is good, but for me, not good enough for a bona-fide 1D

Vilardi came on down the stretch and has played under 100 games in the NHL. I could see Turcotte being available. I don't see a scenario where Werenski is traded, especially in a "hockey deal" where they get a #1 center in return. How many teams have enough depth to move a #1 center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad