Rumor: Kyle Turris - Bought out

SenSaddest

Jan 31, 2015
With the news of turris being bought out. This signing makes too much sense to me. Yes theres a logjam down the middle somewhat but his success here cannot be forgotten. He will also be looking at a short/ prove it deal. Can never have too many centers.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
With the news of turris being bought out. This signing makes too much sense to me. Yes theres a logjam down the middle somewhat but his success here cannot be forgotten. He will also be looking at a short/ prove it deal. Can never have too many centers.

You don't remember how he left do you? Lol with his gf going on about how cheap Melnyk was in social media.

Why would he come here?

Makes no sense.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Like I said in another thread, what's best for the franchise is to try to whitewash those bad memories of the last group. No need to go down this road or shine a light on the negativity at this point.

Reactions: Matsens15

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
If we could find a way to ship out anisimov I would love it. Maybe not the best move but Turris was one of my favourite players and I would love to see him back.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I remember seeing Turris at Loblaws one day and thinking 'Oh my god, he's so thin. How can he play in the NHL and not have any muscle?' He is wire thin.

Reactions: aragorn

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
tenor.gif

Reactions: Cosmix

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Turris did nothing wrong when he left. The owner refused to pay him when he didn't complain and was making $3.5 while playing on our second line. Severely underpaid at the time. He played hard and scored clutch goals. If this had been a different city he would have been rewarded with something. Now clearly that was not the way to go but it could have been handled better by Sens & Co.

I don't want him back simply because he should go to a contender. He's got his bag and it isnt going anywhere. Go make $1-3M for a contender (Boston?) and be the secondary scoring threat that we know you can be. If not then wander until you find a fit. Coming back here is pointless.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
He’s a BC boy, I think he could provide some depth to the Canucks. Full disclosure I don’t really know what their depth at this stage is like but I’m sure they can fit in a veteran who still can contribute

Reactions: Sun God Nika

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Turris did nothing wrong when he left. The owner refused to pay him when he didn't complain and was making $3.5 while playing on our second line. Severely underpaid at the time. He played hard and scored clutch goals. If this had been a different city he would have been rewarded with something. Now clearly that was not the way to go but it could have been handled better by Sens & Co.

I don't want him back simply because he should go to a contender. He's got his bag and it isnt going anywhere. Go make $1-3M for a contender (Boston?) and be the secondary scoring threat that we know you can be. If not then wander until you find a fit. Coming back here is pointless.

There's no coulda been handled better. They gave him a contract that he grew into and eventually outperformed. As a GM, that's your objective. Next time up, ufa time, moving on was the right idea

He just got bought out by a contender.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe Seattle takes a chance with him if he can't find a team for next season.

Reactions: Cosmix

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Why are people always so obsessed with bringing back former players?

We're already waaay overcrowded at center. The last thing we need is a soft one-dimensional center to take away a spot from our young players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad