Confirmed with Link: Kyle Quincey Traded to Columbus for Dalton Prout

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It's negative value to keep Quincey. Could only improve draft spot/worsen draft odds. Additionally, doesn't look good for future stop gap FAs if Shero just holds Quincey for literally no reason....

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not sure what the game here is if we're not getting some kind of pick. Why do we want Prout? His contract becomes an anchor, and we don't need him on the roster for the purposes of the expansion draft.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm not sure what the game here is if we're not getting some kind of pick. Why do we want Prout? His contract becomes an anchor, and we don't need him on the roster for the purposes of the expansion draft.

it's 1.5m for only next season, there's no way it can become an anchor contract lol

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
We're doing CBJ a favour. They free up cap space one season earlier. This is probably us paying them back for Castron. It's a minimal move from Shero that earns us a lot of goodwill and won't impact us on the ice. Professionalism. Intangibles.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

Plot twist. Shero traded for him so he can unload him for a pick to a team that needs a dman to expose in the offseason. :sarcasm:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's negative value to keep Quincey. Could only improve draft spot/worsen draft odds. Additionally, doesn't look good for future stop gap FAs if Shero just holds Quincey for literally no reason....

It's also negative value for Shero in future trade negotiations if he just takes a crap return for no reason.

What makes this worse is you know Prout is going to be in the lineup now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad