Confirmed with Link: Kyle Quincey signed to a one-year deal

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Good signing - the Devils may have been waiting on Seidenberg or Ehrhoff but figured they couldn't wait anymore. Quincey won't be spectacular and he takes some real dumb penalties but he can still play.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
He's coming off two straight, two-year contracts that paid him almost $4M per year. So a 1-year, $1.25M contract could be a nice "show me you have something left" contract.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's gotta mean Auvitu is starting in Albany. Only LHD that can clear waivers, I believe?

Greene, Moore, Merrill, Quincey and Auvitu...One in Albany and one on the bench?

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I wonder how we plan on deploying him. Looks like he was a decent offensive D-man earlier in his career, but Detroit used him in a shutdown role.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Good signing - the Devils may have been waiting on Seidenberg or Ehrhoff but figured they couldn't wait anymore. Quincey won't be spectacular and he takes some real dumb penalties but he can still play.

the Islanders just signed Seidenberg so I would wager to bet once he picked them, we pounced on Quincey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Something on Reddit was true? The world is ending, guys.

:help:

It would have been hilarious if TG was still covering us cause he would have made some snarky remark and laughed at the Internet rumor then the trolls would have been all over him today :laugh:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wonder how we plan on deploying him. Looks like he was a decent offensive D-man earlier in his career, but Detroit used him in a shutdown role.

Had a big year early on with the Kings, but that was back when their blue line was pretty rough. Out of his 38 points, 27 came on the PP in 2008-09. Dean Lombardi didn't hesitate to sell high and swapped him for Ryan Smyth after that season.

Now I'm curious if that means Merrill's the odd man out, or at least #7 to start the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad