• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
2018 playoffs: Nylander+Matthews: 14 gp, 3 goals, 4 assists, .21 GPG, .5 PPG

Kyle Connor: 10 GP, 2 goals, 3 assists, .2 GPG, .5 PPG

Agreed. Thread over. Connor is as good as Matthews and Nylander combined!

Lmao I knew this was coming...kid finally has a good game and here come the hot takes. Ducking and hiding before

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I critize Jets players all the time? Sorry that I think Connor is better than Nylander and Laine is better than Marner, but polls done have consistently shown that it’s my views that are the mainstream. Try watching hockey beyond just Leafs games and maybe you’d understand this

Love how you mentioned Marner and not Matthews there where Laine gets creamed by the “mainstream” as you put it

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Lmao I knew this was coming...kid finally has a good game and here come the hot takes. Ducking and hiding before
Ducking in cover means literally posting about how Connor’s just been snakebit before this game when he was sitting on only 3 assists? ok

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
If that’s a “great play” your easily impressed...pretty much was lucky to hit him in the air. Grasping at straws pal.

Nylander : 8 points in 13 games

Connor: 3 points in 9 including 0 goals.

This discussion is over. Use anything you would like....PPG, GPG...go right ahead.
Weird. Wheeler has been actually pretty underwhelming in my opinion, Laine has been better.
He's a stat watcher, not a game a game watcher.

Reactions: snowkiddin

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Would you trade Marner for Laine?

I’m a big fan of Marner and enjoy watching him play, prefer his style compared to Laine’s to be honest. Though the value favors the Jets at the moment and won’t debate that, I think Marner still has another level to go. So probably not

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Ducking in cover means literally posting about how Connor’s just been snakebit before this game when he was sitting on only 3 assists? ok

So some players are snake bit while others that struggle are what? Matthews could have easily scored 5 or more goals in that Bruins series easily with the chances he got but because the stats weren’t there you deemed him underperforming. So which is it? You excuse your Jets players but pan the other guys....nice.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I'm just saying that Laine's been better than Wheeler in the playoffs even though wheeler has more points.

Technically Wheeler has been better but that being said Wheeler has had a killer Scheifele dominating the play and not giving Wheeler many areas to mess up in, I’m sure if Laine was on Scheifeles line he would have just as many points. Anyways this Top 6 is scary, scary good. Any player in the top 6 can take over a game with skill. This team is already a cup contender now but wait until Connor, Ehlers and Laine develop even more(They can take over games in strides but once they get consistent with it like Scheifele and Wheeler they should be a dynasty).

Reactions: jetsforever

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
So why did your Jets fan agree with me about Connor then?

Matthews was absolutely shut down by Bergeron and Chara(everyone and they’re grandma where complaining about Matthews doing nothing due to the fact he’s being matched with them). Points and Goals matter most, that’s how teams win and lose(it’s common sense), yeah you can play good without scoring Connor has been but Matthews hasn’t.

Also did you see the game today, Connor was very visible on the scoreboard and from the visuals...

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Gotta love jets fans and their hilarious hot takes.

Make it hard to cheer them on, fortunately anybody who makes that decision based on HF posters is an absolute moron. Dumbest of the dumb, so go jets go, do well for Canada.

Still take nylander, cuz I like him more. Connor is great though big things coming for him.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
From what I've seen up to now, I'll give the nod to Nylander.

I'm not protective about my view - ask me a year from now and if Connor replicates I'll probably shift to him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Connor did something Nylander has yet do to in the playoffs. Show up and produce big, in a big playoff game last night. I would have taken Connor before last night. He is tougher, he is a 31 goal scorer in the NHL, and all of a sudden his playoffs stats look respectable for a rookie in the playoffs. 2G, 4A in 10 playoff games. Nylander is talented, but is just too soft to take over Connor.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I’m a big fan of Marner and enjoy watching him play, prefer his style compared to Laine’s to be honest. Though the value favors the Jets at the moment and won’t debate that, I think Marner still has another level to go. So probably not
Of course

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Matthews was absolutely shut down by Bergeron and Chara(everyone and they’re grandma where complaining about Matthews doing nothing due to the fact he’s being matched with them).
Except according to ice time stats, that barely was the case if at all.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Many leaf fans seem to be prepared to move Nylander and other pieces for a good defender. I don't think they'd be clamoring to move him if he was still part of the ''big 3". I think he's a tier below Matthews who is a tier below Marner.

Connor is the better player now and in the future.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Many leaf fans seem to be prepared to move Nylander and other pieces for a good defender. I don't think they'd be clamoring to move him if he was still part of the ''big 3". I think he's a tier below Matthews who is a tier below Marner.

LOL, that's kind of funny.
- "How dare you question Nylander"
&
- "Lets trade Nylander for Defensive Help"

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
LOL, that's kind of funny.
- "How dare you question Nylander"
&
- "Lets trade Nylander for Defensive Help"
this is not only not the consensus, but is the hilariously dumb hot take portion of the franchises fans.

Eh but you guys are free to pretend it's not only the consensus, but also use it to base value of a player on, that makes sense!

I wouldn't advocate moving nylander unless it's for a Legit young top pairing dman (or that potential). No smart GM moves a young back to back 60 point scorer.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I think he's a tier below Matthews who is a tier below Marner.

how can you possibly claim Connor is better when you have clearly never seen the leafs play. If you think marner is a tier above Matthews, you agree that marner is a tier above Laine?

f*** some people are dumb.

Reactions: Halla

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Nylander fell off a cliff

you mean when he went from 35esp/26ppp/61pts to 49esp/12ppp/61pts?

49 esp. 1 less than kessel (92pts) and 1 more than trochek (75pts)

do a bit of reasearch before posting, or maybe even watch a leafs game now and then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad