Kyle Chipchura

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSK*

How many games have you seen of Hamilton this season?

None...

Thats right

He is a rookie in the AHL finishes the season with 40pts for a 2-way centre, not so bad.

Chipchura was never considerate like an offensive forward, just go away troll!

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Didn't have a good year in Hamilton at all. Is he another habs prospect that will be a bust?
OK, bad way to start posting on HF. Do you understand that Chipchura will never be a stuf on offence? Do you understand that he'll be a good shutdown guy who will be quite good on the PK?

I guess not cause he was good in hid role for a rookie in the AHL...

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Didn't have a good year in Hamilton at all. Is he another habs prospect that will be a bust?
I think he had a great year. I think he maintains the status he has always had of being an extremely safe player, and it's basically inconceivable that he could bust. Great pick by the Habs.
:handclap:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
How many games have you seen of Hamilton this season? None...

I always laugh at these kind of comments. :biglaugh:

I highly doubt you've seen many Hamilton games this year either. And if you have, probably no more than 1 or 2.

With that being said..from what I heard, Chipchura did have a pretty good season in Hamilton. He didn't light up the scoreboard, but not too many people are expecting him to do that anyways.

He played a smart two-way game and may be ready for a 4th line role in the NHL next season.

kostitsyn1489

Jun 18, 2006
Louiseville, Quebec
Well it looks like we need a lot of 3rd anf 4th liner since our coach fill these lines with whatever he finds. I'd rather have a Chipchura playing on the 3rd then a Perezhogin cause offensive guy cant go any higher then 3rd line.

GSK*

I always laugh at these kind of comments. :biglaugh:

I highly doubt you've seen many Hamilton games this year either. And if you have, probably no more than 1 or 2.

With that being said..from what I heard, Chipchura did have a pretty good season in Hamilton. He didn't light up the scoreboard, but not too many people are expecting him to do that anyways.

He played a smart two-way game and may be ready for a 4th line role in the NHL next season.

:shakehead I have B2 Network... OWNED!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't understand how people fall for this every time. When someone starts a thread that is bashing, negatitive, why do exactly what the poster wants and reply. My advice is to go and watch the Simpsons episode where the marketing ads come to life, http://tv.yahoo.com/the-simpsons/show/tree-house-of-horror-vi/episode/457

"If people stop paying attention, pretty soon it goes away."

As for Chipchura, he didn't have the best year offensively he struggled with his consistency. Defensively though he was very good, he excelled on the PK and played solid in his own end. He actually scored some nice goals with moves I didn't think he had but I expected more offense from him, although he spent the entire year on the 3rd line with Ajay Baines and Jonathan Ferland for the most part. The good news is that he works hard, is positionally sound in his own end, will drop the gloves, take the body (would like to see him be more physical) and he can setup passes with good vision. His shot needs work and I really hope he can work on his first step quickness and mobility.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't understand how people fall for this every time. When someone starts a thread that is bashing, negatitive, why do exactly what the poster wants and reply. My advice is to go and watch the Simpsons episode where the marketing ads come to life, http://tv.yahoo.com/the-simpsons/show/tree-house-of-horror-vi/episode/457

"If people stop paying attention, pretty soon it goes away."

As for Chipchura, he didn't have the best year offensively he struggled with his consistency. Defensively though he was very good, he excelled on the PK and played solid in his own end. He actually scored some nice goals with moves I didn't think he had but I expected more offense from him, although he spent the entire year on the 3rd line with Ajay Baines and Jonathan Ferland for the most part. The good news is that he works hard, is positionally sound in his own end, will drop the gloves, take the body (would like to see him be more physical) and he can setup passes with good vision. His shot needs work and I really hope he can work on his first step quickness and mobility.

He finished with a .50ppg clip in his first professional season...it's not eye popping but still pretty good for the type of player Chipchura projects to be.

I remember after seeing him at the rookie camp a few years back thinking he had a very nice skill set in terms of stickhandling, passing and protecting the puck. His acceleration/explosiveness will make the difference between him being an elite 3rd line checking center or a good two way # 2 center.

With improved skating I could see a Craig Conroy type of player...a guy who's responsible defensively, can set up scoring wingers but won't ever be considered an elite center.

Probably needs at least another half year in the AHL unless he progresses tremendously over the summer

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
chipchura will be a good 3rd line two-way center in a couple of years. a good pick IMO. they could have done better as wolski, zajac and meszaros was still on the board, but yo cant really think of it that way. at least you didnt pick A.J. Thelen.

mooseOAK*

Lousy draft year in 2004, he will be far from the only first round pick that doesn't look like he should have been one.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He finished with a .50ppg clip in his first professional season...it's not eye popping but still pretty good for the type of player Chipchura projects to be.

I remember after seeing him at the rookie camp a few years back thinking he had a very nice skill set in terms of stickhandling, passing and protecting the puck. His acceleration/explosiveness will make the difference between him being an elite 3rd line checking center or a good two way # 2 center.

With improved skating I could see a Craig Conroy type of player...a guy who's responsible defensively, can set up scoring wingers but won't ever be considered an elite center.

Probably needs at least another half year in the AHL unless he progresses tremendously over the summer

The numbers he put up aren't bad, but he had problems with consistency, went through a major drought mid season, in a 25 game span he had just 3 pts. Personally I expected more offense from him, not saying 50 pts but more then 39, although it's not the number, it's more the inconsistency. But he's such a smart player in his own end and brings a lot more to the table then stats can show.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
The numbers he put up aren't bad, but he had problems with consistency, went through a major drought mid season, in a 25 game span he had just 3 pts. Personally I expected more offense from him, not saying 50 pts but more then 39, although it's not the number, it's more the inconsistency. But he's such a smart player in his own end and brings a lot more to the table then stats can show.

well said

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Lousy draft year in 2004, he will be far from the only first round pick that doesn't look like he should have been one.

why doesn't he look like a 1st round pick? He was captain of team canada in 06 and they won gold. Chipchura was a key part too, started off as a leader playig on the 4th line and penalty killing and ended up on the 2nd line and playing on the powerplay half the time, his offense is underrated, it will come as he gets more coinfidence in himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad