1709918591171.png

And the past 3 seasons together
1709918640786.png

Big trend down

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Why? We're not small and soft enough? Johnson doesn't really bring much more than KK offensively
It's unloading the Kotkaniemi contract and nothing more.

Chicago would prefer to be paid in picks for taking Kotkaniemi. No reason they trade an expiring contract for him.

Reactions: DaveG

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
This was him in 19-20
View attachment 832307

And the past 3 seasons together
View attachment 832309
Big trend down
Fair enough.

Maybe i'm just being stupidly optimistic, but i like the move a lot. he has skill that can't be taught, and i trust our group and leaders to keep his head on straight. he wouldn't be the first person to fall off due to addiction. i'm hoping that is where the blame truly lies.

he'll only be 33 when this contract ends. if he can stay motivated, his story can continue.

(or, he has a cup, millions, and says f making an effort. in that case, send him to the press box in russia, then buy him out or retain some cap and send him with a mid-round pick to someone. )

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Fair enough.

Maybe i'm just being stupidly optimistic, but i like the move a lot. he has skill that can't be taught, and i trust our group and leaders to keep his head on straight. he wouldn't be the first person to fall off due to addiction. i'm hoping that is where the blame truly lies.

he'll only be 33 when this contract ends. if he can stay motivated, his story can continue.

(or, he has a cup, millions, and says f making an effort. in that case, send him to the press box in russia, then buy him out or retain some cap and send him with a mid-round pick to someone. )
i can appreciate some good ole fashioned optimism. i cant get there looking at his play, fit, and trends. but il be happy to be wrong.

MyLuckyPuck

Jan 5, 2021
Again, just spit balling. Offensively a wash yes, but perhaps could bring Stanley cup experience to a lower line. Plus everyone talking about the logjam at C and the need to move Kks contract to make room for next year.

Reactions: geehaad

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
If anyone can get him back to being that guy, it's Rod.
This 1,000,000%. We have been clamouring for a legit 2C for years and now we finally get one for only 3.9 a year. He’s only 31 years old and yes he’s had some issues the past year, but we need to take this type of risk to take a shot this year. Rod and the guys in the room are not going to let any issues come up and I’m positive Kuzy is going to be rejuvenated by getting out of Washington. He goes from a team that is floundering in no man’s land to a team with a legitimate shot at the cup this year.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I like it. The Guentzel trade was “out of character” for us, but this fits the distressed asset model we like so much.

The 3rd round pick and the $3.9 million price tag are not a big deal, in my opinion. Waddell and Friends have proven they can do what they need to do to work around that.

IF Kuzy can get motivated and back to form, he solves the 2C question in the short term and gives us time to regroup on that front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad