Kurt Angle Teasing Return to WWE?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
From Kurt Angle's Facebook;

I see so much talent in wrestling today, but I don't believe that wrestling has an identity anymore. The Attitude Era in 1997-2002. And the Ruthless Aggression Era 2003-2009. What makes it special today besides the young array of talent? They need something to ignite the wrestling fans-" to ignite the Universe". It's time to lead the charge. STAY TUNED

With the upcoming Brand Extension, is not the time to bring in Kurt Angle for one, final run, leading to a HOF induction and retirement match at WrestleMania?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Kurt would never be cleared. I love him, but he is physically a mess right now. Didn't he re up with TNA...not that it matters since they can't pay anyone.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've lost track of him, can he still go or is he pretty broken now?

His health seems to have improved a bit.

He hasn't been working the Indies much. Very light schedule.

So maybe he's been trying to get healthy?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I said it at the time, and I'll say it again. The PERFECT time for his return was when Rusev was an undefeated monster.

I mean come on, Rusev and Lana standing at attention for the Russian anthem, Russian flag draped down from the ceiling......and then Angle's theme hits?

They would blow the roof off the place.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Kurt would never be cleared. I love him, but he is physically a mess right now. Didn't he re up with TNA...not that it matters since they can't pay anyone.
Last I remember he was being teased to return to WWE and instead opted for an extension with TNA. Don't know how long that deal was though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Last I remember he was being teased to return to WWE and instead opted for an extension with TNA. Don't know how long that deal was though.

He left TNA in February/March.

He said he was going to take the rest of the year off and then see where things were in the fall about WWE/TNA.

However again, maybe the Brand Split caused something?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He is doing work with Revolution right now. I know WWE would put him on a legends deal if he accepts and put him right into the HOF.

I'm not sure they would clear him though. I don't think his health is in good shape.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I'd be shocked to see him compete in a WWE ring. I would be thrilled though. One of the greatest ever.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Recently...
I watched a match between him and Galloway during his TNA farewell tour.
Technically...
He is still top-notch...
But he has really lost a step...
And his movements are really stiff.

While I would love to see him return for a short run...
And then ride off into the sunset...
I really do not think he is in any shape to wrestle.
He has pushed his body to the limit...
And it looks like it will break...
Every time he takes a bump.
Honestly...
The only thing that keeps everything from falling apart...
Is his will...
And competitive spirit.

Last edited:

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

IsZF8pX.gif

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Funny how many times he's posted a message like this and gets WWE fans hopes up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, imagine this.

Steph and Shane decide who will run each brand.

On the date of the draft they come out, and before Stephanie makes the first pick for SmackDown, Vince's music plays and he makes his return.

Vince comes out, does the pandering to the crowd, and hypes up the brand split and the draft. Then he turns to Shane and Stephanie.

He says when he put them in charge, he wanted them to spill blood, sweat and tears to get control. However instead, they worked together, and then took this easy way out. Vince says that's not enough for him. He tells Stephanie to join Shane over on the RAW side of the stage.

He'll then do a bit of a repeat of his initial speech. Saying he wants to see them slit each other's throats. And get all worked up.

Stephanie then goes all bezerk and starts yelling at Vince saying it's not fair, and yelling at Shane that this was his doing because he lost out on SmackDown.

Then she is interrupted..... By Kurt Angle's Music.

The crowd goes wild, and Vince introduces him as the General Manager/Commishioner/Head of SmackDown.

------BONUS FANTASY!------

Kurt Angle walks to the microphone. Leans in, and announces SmackDown's first Overall Pick, is someone that Steph and Shane turned their back on.

*Cody Rhodes Music Hits*

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Would get next to no pop because as much as I like Cody and thought he should've been a main eventer, he's just not going to get that kind of reaction. Now if it were CM Punk, that'd go over real well but of course that isn't going to happen. They'll lazily follow through with the Steph-Shane split, pick between the mostly crap stars they have now, think they did well, and continue on their blissfully ignorant way to a continuous slow decline of what is already crappy ratings. lol

The truth is that no matter what they do with this split thing, they need to give the Club some ammo and let them run roughshod on all the shows. And let them be the three guys they have and then have Cena join them soon down the line to give them that Hogan-NWO bump. Then maybe people will actually show some interest in the product.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He's wrestling Sabre Jr in a couple weeks. That should show if he can still go.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Also, imagine this.

Steph and Shane decide who will run each brand.

On the date of the draft they come out, and before Stephanie makes the first pick for SmackDown, Vince's music plays and he makes his return.

Vince comes out, does the pandering to the crowd, and hypes up the brand split and the draft. Then he turns to Shane and Stephanie.

He says when he put them in charge, he wanted them to spill blood, sweat and tears to get control. However instead, they worked together, and then took this easy way out. Vince says that's not enough for him. He tells Stephanie to join Shane over on the RAW side of the stage.

He'll then do a bit of a repeat of his initial speech. Saying he wants to see them slit each other's throats. And get all worked up.

Stephanie then goes all bezerk and starts yelling at Vince saying it's not fair, and yelling at Shane that this was his doing because he lost out on SmackDown.

Then she is interrupted..... By Kurt Angle's Music.

The crowd goes wild, and Vince introduces him as the General Manager/Commishioner/Head of SmackDown.

------BONUS FANTASY!------

Kurt Angle walks to the microphone. Leans in, and announces SmackDown's first Overall Pick, is someone that Steph and Shane turned their back on.

*Cody Rhodes Music Hits*
Doesn't sound far off to have Smackdown start with Cody while RAW gets Cena and Rollins lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad